Windows 10: Locked out of laptop

Discus and support Locked out of laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was updating the BIOS on my son's laptop, when it restarted it said "Your pin is no longer available due to a security setting on this device...". So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnSingletary, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:52 PM.

1. Locked out of laptop

I was updating the BIOS on my son's laptop, when it restarted it said "Your pin is no longer available due to a security setting on this device...". So now I cant even get on to reset the pin? How do I get around the login andget on to reset the pin?

:)

JohnSingletary, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:52 PM
  2. n-ster Win User
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

4. Locked out of laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

Thema:

Locked out of laptop

1. Locked out of laptop - Similar Threads - Locked laptop

2. laptop getting lock, battery not detected error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop getting lock, battery not detected error: I have updated windows, after updation i face problem like automatic lappy lock and battery not detected issue. please suggest solutions for both error. thanking you...
  3. Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Unlock my laptop as keyboard and touchpad both are not working on my lock screen....: I un-installed and installed a mouse driver on my laptop. Everything was working fine, but when I restarted my windows, screen becomes unresponsive and mouse cursor is not visible, touchpad is not working and keyboard keys are also not responding, I tried external mouse and...
  4. Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...: Even though I just reset my password and I know it's the correct password it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect when I try to unlock my laptop which has Windows 10. I changed the password via my mobile device two times but yet it tells me that it won't let me log...
  5. Locked out of laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop: I am getting the login error - "The password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft Account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset". I have successfully reset my password numerous times but cannot log in? I talked to...
  6. My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen: It shows lock screen and after I enter the password the screen goes blank. It takes 3-4 minutes to show desktop screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-with-windows-10-is-taking-too-long/53acb342-2a08-43b7-9970-3519b6696fef
  7. My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop will say "locking..." then shut down, randomly, and I need help?: [ATTACH] So, I don't know much information about my laptop other than it's a HP windows 10, but everyone once in a while my computer will say locking with a blue background (as show the in the image, but that's just a remake so it looks a bit different.) then it'll shut...
  8. acer laptop locking itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    acer laptop locking itself: my Acer laptop keeps putting itself to sleep every 10 minutes. really affects me when I am doing my homework. I did put my sleep on never. it locks itself with a huge black screen and the time on it....
  9. Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop TouchPad locks up and keyboard types randomly: Hello Redditors, Recently my keyboard has started to type in random letters when I try to type in something and when this occurs, my touchpad will also lock up. This problem occurs now every time I boot up the laptop and encounter the login screen, I've plugged in a USB...
  10. Windows locked my Laptop computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows locked my Laptop computer: Hello, I can hardly even believe that this happened to me this morning, but it did, I turned on my Laptop computer that I haven't used for awhile. I started doing updates. As soon as it finished the updates, something came up in the Notifications place saying that there was...