Windows 10: locked out of local password on laptop

Discus and support locked out of local password on laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i need a password reset **** for my laptop. Windows 10. Where can i possibly find one?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gabrielaTorres9, Feb 27, 2019.

1. locked out of local password on laptop

i need a password reset **** for my laptop. Windows 10. Where can i possibly find one?

:)

gabrielaTorres9, Feb 27, 2019

2. stolen laptop has a local admin and they have the password will it still lock

Hello Lisa,

I highly recommend updating your Microsoft account password right away. The moment that your laptop connects to the Internet, it will prompt to verify the password again once you've changed it. You can refer to these support articles for the steps on how
    to update your password:

If the local user account has administrative permission, it will have the capability to modify and even delete local files. You still have the option to restore deleted files or folders if it's synced with OneDrive. You can check this

article
    for more information.

For more information about locking your Windows device, kindly refer to this
    support article

Let me know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

locked out of local password on laptop

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

locked out of local password on laptop

1. locked out of local password on laptop - Similar Threads - locked local password

2. 'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password: So last night I was trying to disable some Microsoft background features bad idea @5am disabled too many.Login today and the pin is unavailable. Try and use that, wants to conect me with the store. NO go there.Reboot; Reset, Safe mode, Rollback, Repair are all locked behind a...
  3. 'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password: So last night I was trying to disable some Microsoft background features bad idea @5am disabled too many.Login today and the pin is unavailable. Try and use that, wants to conect me with the store. NO go there.Reboot; Reset, Safe mode, Rollback, Repair are all locked behind a...
  4. 'Locked out' of computer. Pin unavailable & local password doesn't match account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  6. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  7. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop by forgotten password: I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know. Please help Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop-by-forgotten-password/b6f4f789-4673-42f5-a9f1-0dc70cda3448
  9. Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.: Hi All I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I thought I had a local account but I didn't. Now I am locked out with only the choice of admin or administrator users and I don't...
  10. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password: After installing new BIOS Flash Update on my ASUS laptop, using the ASUS Automatic Updater, my local password is no longer accepted. Getting error message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in option and set up your PIN again..." I click on...