Windows 10: locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I recently installed windows 10 S on a Surface Pro and tried to upgrade to Windows Pro due to lots of issues with Windows 10 Suddenly I can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katrinabarrett, Oct 12, 2018.

1. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

Hi

I recently installed windows 10 S on a Surface Pro and tried to upgrade to Windows Pro due to lots of issues with Windows 10

Suddenly I can no longer access emails via the Mail App - it has an error message say it is updating- It should be ready for use again shortly".

This has been going on for days and I no longer have access to my work emails This is very frustrating and is causing major work delays.

PLease help! I have already tried restarting the computer

:)

katrinabarrett, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app.

We appreciate your response. A Windows Update usually does not affect the settings of the accounts registered on the Mail application. To resolve sync issues in the Windows 10 Mail app, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this

link

Note: We suggest to follow the hierarchy of steps based on how they are listed on the link.

We look forward to an update on your concern.

Jelu Cal, Oct 12, 2018
  4. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

1. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - locked Mail app

2. Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update: My HP Envy 17 laptop did a BIOS update, and afterwards, Windows no longer remembered my facial recognition, nor my PIN for signing into Windows 10. I tried signing in using "password entry" but it does not recognize my Microsoft account password.I tried doing a...
  3. Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update: My HP Envy 17 laptop did a BIOS update, and afterwards, Windows no longer remembered my facial recognition, nor my PIN for signing into Windows 10. I tried signing in using "password entry" but it does not recognize my Microsoft account password.I tried doing a...
  4. Locked out of Windows 10 after BIOS update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Locked out after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  6. Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update: I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now Windows will not boot up. I have tried accessing system restore by powering down during boot to take it back to before the update but I have it asks me for my account password which I had forgotten. I reset my account...
  7. Locked out of Windows 10 after update

Locked out of Windows 10 after update: I installed an update to Windows 10 on my PC last night. Now it's asking for a Microsoft password. I went to Microsoft.com and created one, but it is not accepting it, so I don't have access to my PC....
  8. Windows 10 pro mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro mail app: I use the Windows 10 Mail App. For the past 2 weeks have been receiving anywhere from 48 to 74 pieces of Junk mail (almost 800 total). Started about 2 weeks ago. Is there any way to add a Delete All button for Junk/Delete folders???? Computer (desktop) is updated...
  9. Locked out of app after moving it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of app after moving it.: First of all I would like to thank community members for their questions and replies to all, in response to my needs, and to this online community for the needs of the many. I bought a game from the Microsoft store. I moved the video game to a folder to gain access to it;...
  10. Mail app windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app windows 10 Pro: I use three accounts on my mail app on my pc, two of which are gmail account and one is my college account. Somewhere around last two months, I realised that though I still recieved e-mails on my college account, my gmail account were not recieving any e-mails. Also i could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked out of mail for windows 10