Windows 10: Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

Discus and support Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying to solve a Skype issue that required restarting my Microsoft Surface laptop. However I am now on my login page (which looks a little... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ArthurLiu1, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

I was trying to solve a Skype issue that required restarting my Microsoft Surface laptop. However I am now on my login page (which looks a little different with an internet icon indicating flight mode, an ease of access icon, and a power icon to restart or shut down, all on the bottom right of the screen). In the middle is my name is with a prompt for my password which I type in every time I use the machine but now I get a ‘The password is incorrect. Try again’ every time. I have restarted and shut down and powered up several times with the same outcome. Would appreciate some advice (there seem to be limited options available) as the laptop is only a couple of months old and I need to use it for work. Many thanks.

:)

ArthurLiu1, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

Update for Surface Laptop - February 28, 2018

Source: Update for Surface Laptop (28 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Laptop update history

Brink, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop

1. Locked out of Microsoft Surface Laptop - Similar Threads - Locked Microsoft Surface

2. Microsoft Surface Laptop Monitors blacking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Laptop Monitors blacking out: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 and use the Microsoft Surface Docking station to dock it to 2 monitors. The screens have recently been blacking out and coming back on sporadically. I have 2 different stations with different monitors that this happens on so I assume...
  3. Microsoft Surface Laptop Monitors blacking out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Laptop Monitors blacking out: Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 and use the Microsoft Surface Docking station to dock it to 2 monitors. The screens have recently been blacking out and coming back on sporadically. I have 2 different stations with different monitors that this happens on so I assume...
  4. Microsoft Surface Laptop Monitors blacking out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of microsoft account on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of microsoft account on laptop: Hi!I've been really stupid and locked myself out of my microsoft account, I have no idea what my password is and I think I entered my phone number wrong too many times, I tried the recover my account but as I have not bought anything and am not sure what my password could be...
  6. Locked out of microsoft account on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of microsoft account on laptop: Hi!I've been really stupid and locked myself out of my microsoft account, I have no idea what my password is and I think I entered my phone number wrong too many times, I tried the recover my account but as I have not bought anything and am not sure what my password could be...
  7. Locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of laptop: Hello,My laptop updated and is now asking for verification before I can log in. The problem is, the email is wrong so when I click to receive code, i never get the code.I can’t get onto desktop to change any settings Please help?...
  8. Locked out of surface pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locked out of surface pro: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was having a play around trying to attempt to get my facial recognition on my surface pro laptop. I was promted to uninstall the biometric driver and reinstall it. Unfortunately my laptop went to the home screen following the...
  9. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker: Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right...
  10. Locked out of surface 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of surface 2: I am locked out of my surface 2, I forgot my password and pin and facial recognition is not working. Yes I have only been using facial recognition to log in. I have already tried changing my password for Microsoft but the computer did not update and it is showing being...