Windows 10: Locked out of MS Account because of failed (?)Three Security Questions

Discus and support Locked out of MS Account because of failed (?)Three Security Questions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm locked out of my Window 10 Microsoft Account after not using the computer for two months. I re-set the password but then it didn't work. So I tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Howdie, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Howdie Win User

Locked out of MS Account because of failed (?)Three Security Questions

I'm locked out of my Window 10 Microsoft Account after not using the computer for two months. I re-set the password but then it didn't work. So I tried recovering my account and was asked to answer three security questions I'd previously entered. When I entered them, I got a message they weren't accurate. I tried spelling one of the answers different ways to see if it would work, but no luck. I'm certain that the security answers I entered are correct. What gives?

I'm so fed up right now and feeling a little desperate because I can't get into some important documents, and into my 43,000 photos , some of which I need to edit now for professional reasons.

What can I do to get access to my MS Account again? The only thing I have access to right now is the Administrator account, but that doesn't help because I have no files in that account.

:)

Howdie, Oct 4, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Using a MS Account Questions

Hi:

I'm not sure anyone can answer that definitively, as we do not work for MS.
    And it's not clear from your question if you are referring to data telemetry/sharing with MS or to overall computer security from malware, etc.

Either way, much computer security hinges on the end-user as the first and last line of defense, in terms of safe computing practices.

The tutorial I provided in my previous reply lists some of the features -- you can read that list and decide for yourself if they are "advantages" or not, in terms of personal data sharing/vulnerability.

These MS articles may also help:

Microsoft account FAQ
    and
    Microsoft account - security info and security codes

I use only a local account on my Win10. So we'll need to wait for others who use a MS account to weigh in with further advice.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Koangal52 Win User

MS 10 update security question

1709 fails to load. Already got suggestions of how I might fix. Seems complicated. Question-if I leave build at 1703 am I risking security (viruses etc)

Koangal52, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked out of MS Account because of failed (?)Three Security Questions - Similar Threads - Locked Account failed

2. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  3. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  4. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of account because PIN is invalid: Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through...
  5. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account because PIN is invalid: Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through...
  6. Locked out of MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of MS account: My cousin, that got this PC when starting college, didn't even realize she created a MS account and has no idea what the password is because, she only used it once on the laptop and then it was a PIN. Now, she's locked out of the laptop because, on boot bitlocker asks for the...
  7. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account: Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the...
  8. Three questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Three questions: 1. I use Firefox but have installed Chrome too. In the advance setting, there are two provisions a Restore security to the original defaults. b Clean up the computer. My question is why Google controls Windows? 2. I have a Yahoo mail account. It is operated by me and...
  9. MS Account questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account questions: I'm not sure but I think I just opened an MS Account for the first time. But I dont see anywhere to log in or out at ? If this is a MS account, is there a place to log in or out at ? Thank you, Oscar Using Win 10 Pro 164738
  10. locked out of win10 using MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    locked out of win10 using MS account: hi all i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw...