Windows 10: Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop

Discus and support Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm locked out of my Microsoft accounts on my desktop. I can only access this PC from a local user account. Clicked on Accounts: Sign in with a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EnricoPumarosa, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop

I'm locked out of my Microsoft accounts on my desktop. I can only access this PC from a local user account.

Clicked on Accounts: Sign in with a Microsoft account instead, accounts are recognized but I can't provide the correct password to: We'll need your current windows password one last time. I reset my passwords in both accounts, using account.live.com/acsr however, when I use sign into this computer using your Microsoft account it keeps asking me for the password which I don't have, leaving me unable to change the password on the desktop so I can log in with it. Both Microsoft accounts are recognized on my laptop but not on my desktop.

I have recovery codes for both accounts but it never asks for those.

Is there a way to get this PC to accept the passwords from either admin account so I can log into this PC and get my information, downloads, documents, etc off of the harddrive before I reset the PC?

:)

EnricoPumarosa, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

Bree, Feb 4, 2020
  3. NickTh Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Feb 4, 2020
  4. mcmtpopp Win User

Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop

No User Acct has Admin

Can not use ShowKey ... only admin can install software. No Admin acct.
    Can not use ISO ... setup Media Tool. Only admin can install software acct. No admin acct.

Will be calling Toshiba next. Need more coffee first.

Nothing is working. Nothing. 15 years of tech knowledge and I've got nothing.

mcmtpopp, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop

1. Locked out of my admin accts on my desktop, able to acess them on my laptop - Similar Threads - Locked admin accts

2. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  3. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  4. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Locked out of my desktop

Locked out of my desktop: I was trying to figure out a problem with my computer not wanting to update to the newer windows update. After following some instructions my computer restarted and I arrived at the login screen that I see every single time I turn on my computer. There is just one problem. I...
  6. Locked out of my desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my desktop: I was trying to figure out a problem with my computer not wanting to update to the newer windows update. After following some instructions my computer restarted and I arrived at the login screen that I see every single time I turn on my computer. There is just one problem. I...
  7. i'm locked out of my acct

i'm locked out of my acct: I forgot my password and locked out of my acct. It doesn't give me any options to get my password, so I'm unable to access my computer\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-locked-out-of-my-acct/db29d843-4b7d-42ce-878a-a0b930084290
  8. i'm locked out of my acct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm locked out of my acct: I forgot my password and locked out of my acct. It doesn't give me any options to get my password, so I'm unable to access my computer\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-locked-out-of-my-acct/db29d843-4b7d-42ce-878a-a0b930084290
  9. i'm locked out of my acct

10. Lock out of my desktop

Lock out of my desktop: I need some help please!! Last night i lock out from my HP desktop while running Microsoft edge. I attempted to restore or reset on save mode, but the system still asked me for password. Also i have only 1 account in the desktop. Thank you in advance....