Windows 10: Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del

Discus and support Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So here is the issue I have: I'm running windows 10 on a lenovo laptop. My enter key is currently broken, so in a moment of absolute and shining... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cadcrafter, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del

So here is the issue I have: I'm running windows 10 on a lenovo laptop. My enter key is currently broken, so in a moment of absolute and shining brilliance I bound my delete key to the enter key... I now have seemingly no way to log into my computer because I can't press delete. Is there anything I can do about this?Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del [​IMG]

:)

Cadcrafter, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Abreu10 Win User

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

using Win10 education version
    when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes?

Abreu10, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 28, 2020
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del

1. Locked out of my computer, can't input ctrl alt del - Similar Threads - Locked computer can't

2. Can't select Ctrl+Alt+Del in HyperV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select Ctrl+Alt+Del in HyperV: I cant send Ctrl+Alt+Del to my container and can't put it in "Enhanced Mode" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-select-ctrlaltdel-in-hyperv/ec2a5855-8f33-4838-80a1-a05dae20d72e
  3. My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work: My computer froze and as ctrl+alt+del won't work I restarted by the power button but now in bios it does show windows boot manager but doesn't boot.I am on a SSD and I doubt if it's a SSD fault because its been only a year since it is used.So,I don't think it is corrupted....
  4. My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer froze and ctrl+alt+del won't work: My computer froze and as ctrl+alt+del won't work I restarted by the power button but now in bios it does show windows boot manager but doesn't boot.I am on a SSD and I doubt if it's a SSD fault because its been only a year since it is used.So,I don't think it is corrupted....
  5. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  6. Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen suddenly needs alt-ctrl-del to get out of: Suddenly, without me changing any settings, the lock screen requires (invoked by pressing <WINDOWS>-<L>) me to press <ALT>-<CTRL>-<DEL> before I can enter my password to resume using the computer. Before it would respond to any key, or just prompt me to enter the password....
  7. App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on: using Win10 education version when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes? 144964
  8. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del: Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password. 44748