Windows 10: Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in

Discus and support Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This all started with me trying to hyphenated my username to stop certain programs from having errors due to the space. Through a series of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JamalBruh, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in

This all started with me trying to hyphenated my username to stop certain programs from having errors due to the space.

Through a series of (apparently) ill-advised command prompt, I ended up losing access to my original account, and being stuck in Administrator mode.

I tried to fix this by entering the following commands:

net user administrator /active:no and net user Jamal_Bruh /active:yes, and then shutdown -L.

But when I went to log back in, the Administrator account was still the only option.

But now when I try to go in, it (naturally) says: "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator."

And since my old account still isn't showing up, I'm virtually locked out of my computer. The how-to videos on YouTube all asset that there's a power button on my login screen, but there isn't--just wi-fi and Ease of Access, so that's a no-go.

Any advice on how to get things unlocked again without just having to wipe everything on my computer away would be very appreciated.

submitted by /u/JamalBruh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JamalBruh, Mar 31, 2020
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Mar 31, 2020
  3. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in

1. Locked out of my computer on Administration mode, need to find a way back in - Similar Threads - Locked computer Administration

2. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer with Windows 10 which worked well. After not using it for 6 weeks, there were updates from Windows when I restarted. When I tried to login, the screen had a message that I was locked out by the Administrator. This is a personal...
  3. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.: I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop computer with Windows 10 which worked well. After not using it for 6 weeks, there were updates from Windows when I restarted. When I tried to login, the screen had a message that I was locked out by the Administrator. This is a personal...
  4. Locked out by Administrator on a personal computer with no Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Locked out of computer in a strange way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer in a strange way: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  6. Locked out of computer in a strange way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of computer in a strange way: Hi, I'm running windows 11 with 512gb M.2 SSD, GTX 1650 and a Core i7-11700KF with 16gb RAM,In an attempt to optimise windows and get rid of all the background processes linux doesn't have or need, And you wonder why people like linux, I accidentally Disabled a vital process....
  7. Locked out of my computer and no back doors!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer and no back doors!: I was working on my computer fine one minute, installed some legitimate software which required a reboot and suddenly was completely locked out of my computer. I was astounded to find that despite all the ideas for how to get back in given safe mode, etc, none of them work!...
  8. Locked out Administration

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out Administration: Hi I have been locked out of admin priviliges and i dont get the yes button that gives you choice its missing and dont know what to as i cant even find the admin account workig or not i dont know is it suppose to be disable hidden away or enabled i dont know...
  9. Administrator locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator locked out: I recently set up the parental controls but now I can't install .exe's. It asks for the admin account and password to allow it. I can't find the family and accounts option in setting on any of the accounts including the parent account. I need help. I've tried to turn on admin...
  10. New Computer -Locked out first day with no way back in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Computer -Locked out first day with no way back in.: Have been using MACS for a while after too many bad Windows experiences years ago. But it's been a while, so I figure it's time to give a go at a PCs again. One day in it feels like a return to the Twilight Zone. NO OFFENSE TO ANY PERSON OR INSTITUTION INTENDED -I'm just...