Windows 10: Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

Discus and support Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot get into my desktop computer since I typed my password incorrectly too many times. What can I do now to get in?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Barbara VNX, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

I cannot get into my desktop computer since I typed my password incorrectly too many times. What can I do now to get in?

:)

Barbara VNX, Mar 24, 2020

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

Computer in lockdown

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click On Screen keyboard.
    • Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click the language to US English.
    • Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly

1. Locked out of my computer--typed password incorrectly - Similar Threads - Locked computer typed

2. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  3. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  4. Computer Password Incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer Password Incorrect: Hello, I logged onto my computer just a few hours ago with no issue at all. A few hours later, I came to log onto my computer and there was a PIN code password that appeared, I have never used a PIN code. I went to sign-in options and went to type in my normal password. When...
  5. Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.: I'm at a loss on how to workaround this problem without resorting to a nuclear option eg reset/refresh Customer has brought in a Desktop PC with a forgotten/unknown pin number. But they know their PASSWORD and it works fine in the recovery environment. SO my question is...
  6. Locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer: I have an HP Pavilion x360. My Pin no longer works and I can't remember my password. I don't have a windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and the windows key doesn't work when I press it on my keyboard. I select "Forgot my PIN" but nothing happens. How do I sign...
  7. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password: Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer...
  8. I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I NEED TO RESET MY COMPUTER PASSWORD, LOCKED OUT: I'm locked out of my laptop. I'm using windows-10. Is there a workaround? Ronald DeFoor 832-437-7801 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-computer-password-locked-out/1d6324bb-14a6-4183-afaa-ec92cad0b93d
  9. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...