Windows 10: Locked out of my computer

Discus and support Locked out of my computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion x360. My Pin no longer works and I can't remember my password. I don't have a windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ROA44, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:13 PM.

1. ROA44 Win User

Locked out of my computer

I have an HP Pavilion x360. My Pin no longer works and I can't remember my password. I don't have a windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and the windows key doesn't work when I press it on my keyboard. I select "Forgot my PIN" but nothing happens. How do I sign into my computer?

:)

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:15 PM
  4. Locked out of my computer

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:15 PM
Thema:

Locked out of my computer

1. Locked out of my computer - Similar Threads - Locked computer

2. Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity: title says it all. i changed all the settinga for the lock screen to « never » ,saved the settings, did several back to factory settings, and changed them again, updated all the drivers I could....had two different guys from Microsoft remotly accessing my pc ...they were...
  3. Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up: Windows 10 just did a major update on my older Toshiba laptop Nov 19 2020. First it locked up and after waiting for about an hour it started working again. Then it locked up last night after sitting idle. Today it won't work at all stone cold frozen, can't even power it off....
  4. Computer freezes after some time, locks the mouse in the center and the keyboard. Tried to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes after some time, locks the mouse in the center and the keyboard. Tried to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ppjar_007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/junziu/computer_freezes_after_some_time_locks_the_mouse/
  5. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password: Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer...
  6. Totally locked out of new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Totally locked out of new computer: Hello, I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any help. I bought a new computer a few days ago, and during the sign-up entered my microsoft hotmail email address. I entered my password which is fine and then set a pin son's birthday year. I entered this twice - pretty sure...
  7. Window 10 Photo App Pauses Video Export on Computer Lock?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Photo App Pauses Video Export on Computer Lock?: Dell Intel XPS Tower with Radeon RX560 GPU Windows fully updated. Was creating and exporting a movie using the Win10 Photos app. At the halfway point of rendering the movie I guesstimated it should've taken roughly one more hour complete the project. I walked away and...
  8. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer still locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer still locking up: PC locked up, sound still plays in the background but needs hard reset (my previous post from months ago) They are getting worse in frequency. Literally after 2 days they happen and im at a loss at to whats causing it. My PC Just locks up most of the time with audio still...
  10. Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked

Can windows install programs while the computer/user is locked: I want to install a few programs on my PC that may take time and since i don't trust my fellow ousemates not to mess with my pc im wondering if i can do it while the user is still locked submitted by /u/Bejalox [link] [comments]...