Windows 10: Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

Discus and support Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AleiaPierre, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the computer. `Now all of sudden microsoft has deemed me suspicious and locked my account, which now has locked my laptop. For whatever the reason, the process to regain access is to fill out a verification worksheet that asks very specific questions that I just dont have the answers to, apparently. No one at microsoft support is

:)

AleiaPierre, Sep 14, 2021

2. Ubuntu account lock timer

There any way to change the timer that locks the account after inactivity or disable it?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 14, 2021
  3. larc919 Win User
    Nonexistent account on lock screen

I changed the name of my laptop to match the name of the unit it replaced. When I rebooted, I got a message that the username or password was incorrect. Then I noticed there are now 2 accounts listed at bottom left on the lock screen: the correct one and one with a username that doesn't exist in user accounts. The name is the first 5 letters of the correct login. Unfortunately, the lock screen defaults to the phantom account (of course it would). I can switch to my regular account and log in as usual, but that's bothersome. Is there a settings page where I can get rid of the extra account or is there some place in the registry? The lock screen has to be seeing it somewhere, but it's not showing up in any of the usual account settings places.

Running 19042.746 Pro.

larc919, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Jstn7477 Win User

Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

Laptop FN Lock?

On non-number pad laptops, Num Lock must be turned OFF. The boss probably turned on Num Lock while using the external keyboard.

Most 15.6" and above 16:9 laptops have number pads these days.

Jstn7477, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

1. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account - Similar Threads - Locked laptop I'm

2. I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.: I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop. I thought it was playing up, so I made the mistake of resetting it. Now I can not access the internet on it. It was a WiFi problem. Now I'm back on my old Windows8.1. I'm 84yrs old, living on my own and taught myself to use these...
  3. I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop.: I'm locked out of my Windows11 laptop. I thought it was playing up, so I made the mistake of resetting it. Now I can not access the internet on it. It was a WiFi problem. Now I'm back on my old Windows8.1. I'm 84yrs old, living on my own and taught myself to use these...
  4. locked out of email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of email account: My mother locked herself out of her email account and I been trying to help her get back on for several days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-email-account/dc7f7a64-8313-4213-aa59-96c21ae43848
  5. locked out of email account

locked out of email account: My mother locked herself out of her email account and I been trying to help her get back on for several days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-email-account/dc7f7a64-8313-4213-aa59-96c21ae43848
  6. locked out of email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out of my laptop and account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my laptop and account: I recently bought a new laptop and by accident I logged in on an older account which happened to have a phone number of someone I know attached to it. Now I am unable to log into my laptop as after I enter my password it displays this : " Your account requires attention,...
  8. Locked out of my laptop and account

Locked out of my laptop and account: I recently bought a new laptop and by accident I logged in on an older account which happened to have a phone number of someone I know attached to it. Now I am unable to log into my laptop as after I enter my password it displays this : " Your account requires attention,...
  9. Locked out of my email

Locked out of my email: Hello, I was locked out of one of my emails.Of course, beforehand I had connected a phone number which is now out of use, and I cannot get access to. I also had a back-up email in case I got locked out. But in this case that email I've also lost access to because google will...
  10. Locked out of my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my email: Hello, I was locked out of one of my emails.Of course, beforehand I had connected a phone number which is now out of use, and I cannot get access to. I also had a back-up email in case I got locked out. But in this case that email I've also lost access to because google will...