Windows 10: Locked out of my laptop! Help!

Discus and support Locked out of my laptop! Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long story short. My password is in English (duh) accidentally switched keyboard to Arabic only. Cannot alt + shift in order to switch language (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nekrolight, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Locked out of my laptop! Help!

Long story short. My password is in English (duh)
    accidentally switched keyboard to Arabic only.
    Cannot alt + shift in order to switch language ( stuck on Arabic)
    Cannot change Hotmail password to Ana Arabic one
    Therefore cannot log into my computer.

:)

Nekrolight, Nov 28, 2015

2. I an locked out of my hp laptop. Help!

My hp laptop has locked me out. It asked to change my computer password. I thought I did that but I still cannot open it. I bought it as awindows 8 but microsoft loaded it w/ 10. Since then it seems different.

JoAnnKnight, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    I an locked out of my hp laptop. Help!

Hi JoAnn,

You need to reset your password so you can access your account again. To assist you better, we'd like to know if you're trying to sign in through your Windows local account or your Microsoft account.

In the meantime, if you're trying to sign in through your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    on how to reset your password.

If you're trying to sign in through your Windows 10 local account password, we recommend that you follow the steps in this

article
    to reset your computer. You may expand Use installation media to restore or reset your PC
    to create a recovery drive, download installation media, and use it to restore from a system restore point or reset your computer.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Locked out of my laptop! Help!

Here's how to change the input language on sign-in screen:

Locked out of my laptop! Help! [​IMG]

5. That was not available for me
    . Arabic was the only language and nothing to switch to. I found a way to fix it and will reply to this thread in case someone else has the same issue.

Nekrolight, Nov 28, 2015
  6. Solution:

If you can NOT switch to another language here is what u should do.
    Go to the bottom right side and find the om screen keyboard on one of the options

Now you need to look close at the keyboard. What you are looking for is they keyboard's ability to type numbers and the & symbol.

Go to Microsoft website via any other device and change pass to a combination of numbers and that symbol. Ex 111&1&1&1&
    REMEMBER THE COMBO.

Now go and type that as your pass to log in. And you are done.

Once you log in get into the settings and download English keyboard. Move it up to.make it default
    Then delete the other languages.

Good luck! Hope this helps atleast kme person

Nekrolight, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of my laptop! Help!

1. Locked out of my laptop! Help! - Similar Threads - Locked laptop Help

2. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.: My laptop ran out of charge. When I started it again it no longer had face recognition and stated my PIN was no longer available due to a charge in security settings.I had to create a Microsoft account to continue and set up a new pin. I followed instructions on screen, added...
  3. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.: My laptop ran out of charge. When I started it again it no longer had face recognition and stated my PIN was no longer available due to a charge in security settings.I had to create a Microsoft account to continue and set up a new pin. I followed instructions on screen, added...
  4. I’m locked out of my laptop. Please help.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. locked out of my laptop

locked out of my laptop: Hi, so I have a surface book. I used to use my highschool's microsoft account to sign into this laptop but last year I graduated. The school then terminated my account and I can no longer use it to sign into my laptop. I am stuck at the sign in screen and if I use the old...
  6. locked out of my laptop

locked out of my laptop: My laptop locked me out after trying to use my saved password it has gone to a black screen with blue writing saying , Enter Administrator Password or Power on Password I have tried everything and cant get back in even trying using my desktop as they are linked with no help...
  7. LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: HELLO, MY LAPTOP DOSENT ACCECPT MY PIN# LOG IN ANYMORE AS OF TODAY? TRIED AND TRIED COMES BACK AS WRONG PIN? THEN ASKS FOR PASSWORD WHICH I NEVER HAD BUT READ ON AND TRIED THAT TO NO AVAIL? CAN ANYONE ADDRESS THEIS PROBLEM AS I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW LAPTOP....
  8. Locked out of my laptop

Locked out of my laptop: I'm attempted dp do away with my windows 10 sign on my PC not laptop in by doing the following: Press the Windows and R keys on the keyboard to open the Run box and enter “netplwiz.” Press the Enter key. In the User Accountswindow, select your account and uncheck the box...
  9. Locked out of my Laptop

Locked out of my Laptop: So recently I have been experiencing random black screens while running my laptop on games, web browsers, ect. I looked up the issue on the community and found the top answer saying to disable system configuration and required me to restart my laptop. After doing so I tried...
  10. locked out of my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of my laptop: can`t get passed the login page and also cannot recover password with the usb drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/locked-out-of-my-laptop/7bf204de-ac0e-44cf-a5c9-3d1bceb3bec7"