Windows 10: Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...

Discus and support Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Even though I just reset my password and I know it's the correct password it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect when I try to unlock my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FWMachine, Oct 18, 2020.

1. FWMachine Win User

Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...

Even though I just reset my password and I know it's the correct password it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect when I try to unlock my laptop which has Windows 10.

I changed the password via my mobile device two times but yet it tells me that it won't let me log in. I don't have many files on this laptop yet so I would like to just disable the security pin/password screen because it also tells me that pen access cannot connect and is not available and that's why I'm using my password to try and log in to open my laptop.

What can I do? I just want to access my laptop.

:)

FWMachine, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Eranthis Win User

Can't Disable Lock Screen

I don't see how any of that would matter. Disabling that feature via Local Security Policy only adds an extra step to the lock screen. On or off, ctrl + w still locks me out.

Eranthis, Oct 18, 2020
  3. orbtwin Win User
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello again @Brink

Yes, i know that the question here isn't the FIRST screen to login. I know that the "damn lock screen" appears when a certain amount of time computer is idle.
    I'm sure i've followed the OPTION THREE correctly.
    Yesterday i follow the tutorial with a remote PC in another room of the house (The PC i want to disable it's the HTPC intel NUC in the salon). Tomorrow i'm gonna to repeat steps in the real PC, you know.
    But this afternoon, standing all day the PC idle, i've just to see the lock screen (the beach and the rocks, default one)

As i said, tomorrow i'm gonna to redo in the real PC, (no remote session)
    By the way...in the task manager, when i must to write the reg key...it's different what you're saying:
    It's the same HKLM that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Tomorrow i'll post you again

orbtwin, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset...

1. Locked out of my laptop! How do I disable the security screen remotely or else just reset... - Similar Threads - Locked laptop disable

2. how do I unlock my remote locked pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I unlock my remote locked pc?: How do you unlock the pc that's been locked? I can't reboot to do a system restore at all. Power cycling. F8. Shift l. Shift restart. Nothing works for that. I am the administrator of my pc, I have logged in on my android phone. That's the extent of that I am able to find......
  3. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  4. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?: My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-just-got-stolen-how-do-i-disable/689c72fe-714f-4bcf-8c14-8720f106394f
  5. My surface just got stolen. How do I disable windows on it remotely or wipe out the hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out?: How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-login-on-my-laptop-as-i-am/c2be308c-be43-49aa-83d7-46c242f0c25c
  7. How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out?

How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out?: How do I reset my login on my laptop as I am locked out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-login-on-my-laptop-as-i-am/c2be308c-be43-49aa-83d7-46c242f0c25c
  8. How do I remotely lock my device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remotely lock my device?: I went to Microsoft's "find my device", and it found where I had been using it, but nothing in the 8 hours since then. I read that I could lock my device from that find my device page. But I see no such option. How do I lock it? submitted by /u/I-Am-Electric [link]...
  9. how do i disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable lock screen: I have tried every avenue to disable the lock screen. I have a program that has to monitor my computer at all times. When I am away from this computer for a time, the lock screen pops up and kicks the program that is monitoring me off. I do not have the personalization...
  10. How do I disable the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the lock screen?: How do I disable the lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-disable-the-lock-screen/047e1756-4de0-4eb3-b583-328622e93448