Windows 10: Locked out of my notebook, keyboard language possible cause

Discus and support Locked out of my notebook, keyboard language possible cause in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After yesterdays's Windows 10 update I find myself unable to open my Samsung 900x notebook. Windows would not accept my password. On previous occasions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aion71, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Aion71 Win User

Locked out of my notebook, keyboard language possible cause

After yesterdays's Windows 10 update I find myself unable to open my Samsung 900x notebook. Windows would not accept my password. On previous occasions the cause was a keyboard language switch (I have English/Danish keyboard). But this time I can't get to switch between languages, no icon on lock screen allows me that.
    The question is: how do I get to change the keyboard language without accessing the settings?

:)

Aion71, Aug 11, 2016

2. VERY URGENT - LOCKED OUT OF MY NOTEBOOK, BOUGHT 2 DAYS AGO

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Where exactly did you see the last notification?

• Are you able to change the password?

• What is the exact error message you receives when you try to reset the password?

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 11, 2016
  3. VERY URGENT - LOCKED OUT OF MY NOTEBOOK, BOUGHT 2 DAYS AGO

Dear Microsoft staff,

I have a major problem. I have a pc emergency in my job and I rushed to buy a new one. I make an outlook account : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with pass LAlala12! but cannot get in my account. All the time I asked to change the passwork I received your notifications that
    the details I put on are not enough, but I have not practicaly used this pc so far, so I HAVE NO MORE DETAILS TO BUT ON

And now I received the last notification that too many requests was sent and I cannot sent one more. I'm totally furious, I have spent money to buy a new notebook so to resolve my job's emergency and I found myself in a much worsh situation because of your
    absurd security misures.

Please get back to my asap, this is a major problem for my work.

Reghina

FanculoVoi, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Even if no input language indicators are shown in lock screen, you can check is your system using English or Danish keyboard layout.

Click the Ease of Access button bottom right:
    Locked out of my notebook, keyboard language possible cause [​IMG]

... and select On-Screen Keyboard:

In my case now I can clearly see that my input language in lock screen is Swedish:

If it shows Danish keyboard for you, you should be able to enter your password using On-Screen Keyboard even if password contains some special characters found in different places in English and Danish layouts.

If it shows English keyboard and your password contains Danish letters Åå, Ææ or Øø, you should be able to enter them using ALT+XXXX where XXXX is a four digit number. Simply press and hold down ALT key on your physical (not On-Screen) keyboard and type necessary four digits using the number keypad:

Å ALT + 0197 å ALT + 0229 Æ ALT + 0198 æ ALT + 0230 Ø ALT + 0216 ø ALT + 0248
    An example: If your password would be København you would enter K, ALT+0248, b, e, n, h, a, v, n.

When done and signed in, you can either change your password or check the language settings to get lock screen to use correct keyboard layout.

5. Aion71 Win User
    It worked. Thank you for your time.

Aion71, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out of my notebook, keyboard language possible cause - Similar Threads - Locked notebook keyboard

2. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  3. Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Language Switcher on Lock Screen: I am using the windows 11 22H2 release preview build 25136. Whenever I sign in after boot, the language switcher appears on the Lock Screen. It doesnt appear as a perfect icon that mixes with the theme. Instead as a weird white little box in the upper part of the screen. I...
  4. Locking a keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locking a keyboard language.: I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan...
  5. Locking a keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locking a keyboard language.: I can change the Keyboard language English Australia US via the taskbar icon or Windows/Spacebar but how do I get it to keep that setting? - It reverts to English Australia UK when I restart the computer, so some characters typed do not match what in on the keyboard.Allan...
  6. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  7. Keyboard lock out ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  8. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW NOTEBOOK! HELP!!!!!!: I really hope that someone can help me out! One week ago I purchased an Acer Aspire 3 notebook at a department store. One week later the monitor completely ceased functioning. So, I went back to the store to exchange my notebook for a new one. I am starting distance...
  9. microsoft account causes keyboard lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft account causes keyboard lock: i have a new toshiba satellite c70 d-b- 10u and it works ok in both W8.1 or upgraded to W10 until i log in via my microsoft account it then locks the keyboard.........if have factory reset back to 8.1 and upgraded to 10 with a new log in.....works ok, log into microsoft...
  10. locked out of HP notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    locked out of HP notebook: Was just setting up my new HP Pavilion x 2-10-n107a notebook/computer when I finished up locked out.No keys were responding so I clicked on :Other user: and everything worked ok until I came to switch on again and when asked for other user password and name I had not a...