Windows 10: Locked out of my own computer

Discus and support Locked out of my own computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by robertbob2, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Locked out of my own computer

This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was left with the screen to put in my four digit PIN. I used the pin I was using before the restore and it didn't work. So I tried the pin I was using 5 days ago at the time I restored from and that didn't work either. The error I got for both of these was:Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code : 0x800

:)

robertbob2, Oct 25, 2021

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Locked out of my own computer

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Locked out of my own computer

1. Locked out of my own computer - Similar Threads - Locked own computer

2. Locked out of my own account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own account: URGENT HELP PLEASE! I'm locked out of my account I was an administrator in my own laptop that I use now I hv the same account which no longer is administrator account please help me I really need my account back with administrator so I can get to use my computer...
  3. Locked out of my own account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my own account: URGENT HELP PLEASE! I'm locked out of my account I was an administrator in my own laptop that I use now I hv the same account which no longer is administrator account please help me I really need my account back with administrator so I can get to use my computer...
  4. Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer: So I have Windows 11 and tried to install Minecraft and since I had a local account instead of Microsoft account it would not let me install it.After syncing the Microsoft account to the local account I was able to install Minecraft but had an error about Microsoft store that...
  5. Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer

Minecraft is locking me out of my own computer: So I have Windows 11 and tried to install Minecraft and since I had a local account instead of Microsoft account it would not let me install it.After syncing the Microsoft account to the local account I was able to install Minecraft but had an error about Microsoft store that...
  6. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  7. Locked out of my own computer

Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  8. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  9. Locked out of my own computer

Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  10. I'm locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of my own computer: Can somebody please help I have a Dell Latitude computer I mean ministrator I'm the owner of the computer and I had a friend use my computer now this and they have a user passcode or password on the front of the screen when you first log on and it's not even letting me get to...