Windows 10: Locked out of my PC because of safemode

Discus and support Locked out of my PC because of safemode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I restarted my PC in safemode to troubleshoot something and now my computer does not accept my lock screen PIN. It doesn't accept my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LilDibbun, Jul 17, 2020.

1. LilDibbun Win User

Locked out of my PC because of safemode

I restarted my PC in safemode to troubleshoot something and now my computer does not accept my lock screen PIN. It doesn't accept my Microsoft account password either. I've tried all the recommended troubleshooting advice but nothing has worked. I just want my PC back.

:)

LilDibbun, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Winuser Win User

Networking in Safemode

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the adapter and it didn't work. I tried another suggestion I found doing a search. They suggested to click on the Network Icon before booting in to Safemode and connecting to the adapter. The only thing listed was Airplane mode. I guess Windows 10 will not initialize a wireless adapter in Safemode.

Winuser, Jul 17, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Networking in Safemode

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I have tried all the suggestions posted. When I try to access the wireless adapter before booting in to Safemode the only thing listed is Airplane mode. I'm guessing either Asus or MS doesn't want me to use wireless networking in Safemode.

Winuser, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Locked out of my PC because of safemode - Similar Threads - Locked safemode

2. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  3. Caps Lock On/Off notification on my HP computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock On/Off notification on my HP computer: I was watching a Youtube video, when suddenly this random caps lock notification popped up. I already tried Command Prompt and Settings, Nothing worked. This is an HP computer if that helps....
  4. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?: Hi, I booted up my PC today, and now I have a large, grey caps lock/num lock notification on my screen. I've tried to troubleshoot this myself, but so far have come up unsuccessful. I have an OMEN desktop pc, so I tried to find HP Hotkey Support, which didn't work as it isn't...
  5. Caps Lock On/Off notification on my HP computer

Caps Lock On/Off notification on my HP computer: I was watching a Youtube video, when suddenly this random caps lock notification popped up. I already tried Command Prompt and Settings, Nothing worked. This is an HP computer if that helps....
  6. How do I turn off on-screen caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me: How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me since I play games on it when I type it distracts me so please respond to it as soon as you can....
  8. How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me

How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me: How do I turn off caps lock Notification on DESKTOP-7ITGTCO it is distracting me since I play games on it when I type it distracts me so please respond to it as soon as you can....
  9. How do I restart my computer after it has been Locked with a blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I restart my computer after it has been Locked with a blue screen?: My MSI laptop just got a blue screen with Locked written on the screen and then it shut down. I am unable to reboot the computer regardless of how long I hold down the power button. At the time it shut down, I had just turned it on and it was running on the battery, which was...
  10. Locked out of safemode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of safemode: I had some minor issues with a mf.dll file and did some research that suggested me to run a sfc /scannow. I did that and it showed some error that it couldn't fix the issue and I did some research on that and was suggested to run the scan in safe mode. I switched to safe...