Windows 10: Locked out of my PC! for

Discus and support Locked out of my PC! for in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; my password is not working anymore! I’m locked in log in screen. And if i try to reset it, it sugests to send a text to my old phone number... So i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AriEllingsgaard, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Locked out of my PC! for

my password is not working anymore! I’m locked in log in screen. And if i try to reset it, it sugests to send a text to my old phone number... So i changed it to my new phone number. Now i have to wait 30 days for it to update. So after that i had option to change / reset pasword after i typed in a long link i got. So now i changed my micosoft / outlook password. But i am still locked out from my PC! And i can’t reboot or trouble shoot or use command prop, all of them want me go login first... And i can’t log in!!!! Please help

:)

AriEllingsgaard, Mar 12, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 12, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Locked out of my PC! for

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my PC! for

1. Locked out of my PC! for - Similar Threads - Locked

2. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  3. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  4. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  6. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  7. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  8. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  9. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...