Windows 10: Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop

Discus and support Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know that this will be long, but I am trying to be as thorough and detailed as I can so that someone will be armed with everything that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shocker27505, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop

I know that this will be long, but I am trying to be as thorough and detailed as I can so that someone will be armed with everything that I have already tried to properly assist me with my situation.

I had purchased a laptop at the end of last year and gave it to my daughter to use at college. She set it all up herself and then she found the her Chromebook was working better and she decided to just use that. She gave the computer back to me, so I used her Username (Which was already on the screen) and then I used her "PIN" to log-in to the laptop, I decided to do a factory reset and hand it down to my younger daughter to use in High School. However, when it finished, I noticed that there was this "OTHER USER" account on there. I can't log in usiing any of the credentials of my own or my dughters logins that she had before I restored it, and when I try to login in using "Administrator", and using no password (because I don't know what the password would be) it says, "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator". I then tried to reboot it again the same way 2 more times and I get the exact same result every time!

I do not have a "Local or Domain password that I know of and I have tried using a Microsoft Account password, but it is still not working.

I am using an "HP Laptop" - Model #: HP-15-bs234wm

Operting System: Windows 10

There was no operating disc or software that came with the computer

I found a post on here that had me to do the following:

• Safe Mode
      • To diagnose whether this issue occurs in “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.
      • Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using. Please follow the below mentioned steps:
      • 1. Click on the Power button on the login screen.
      • 2. Press and hold the SHIFT key on keyboard and simultaneously click onRestart option.
      • 3. Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an optionscreen, tap or clickTroubleshoot .If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or clickAdvanced options.
      • 4. Tap or click Startup Settings.
      • 5. Tap or click Restart.
      • 6. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).
      • 7. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.
    • If still you face the issue, follow below steps:
      • 1. Press “Shift key” and restart the computer
      • 2. Select “Troubleshoot”, then “Advanced Options”
      • 3. Select “command Prompt”
      • 4. Type the following command to enable built-in admin account:
      • net user administrator /active: yes
      • Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.
      • If you are able to activate and login into build-in administrator account then you may try to create a new user account and check if that helps

After trying all of the above, it brings me to the same screen that says I need to log in as the administrator or an active account.

I do not have a system profile disk either, so I am really at a loss at this point, is there anyone out there that can help me with this please!!

:)

Shocker27505, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop

1. Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Locked Laptop

2. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  3. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  4. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???: I hate to say I called the number and they said over and over they were Microsoft. My computer was accessed and they "scanned" my system.. I got t=suspicious too late maybe and disconnneded from them. They called a little later but i said No,Can this be fixed?...
  5. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???: I hate to say I called the number and they said over and over they were Microsoft. My computer was accessed and they "scanned" my system.. I got t=suspicious too late maybe and disconnneded from them. They called a little later but i said No,Can this be fixed?...
  6. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Locked out of laptop, how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of laptop, how to fix: I got locked out of my brothers school laptop that I was trying to access for his files and practice exams. It was because I got the password wrong too many times even though I SWEAR I got it right. I had logged in the night before and used it perfectly. I tried again today...
  8. Locked out of laptop, how to fix

Locked out of laptop, how to fix: I got locked out of my brothers school laptop that I was trying to access for his files and practice exams. It was because I got the password wrong too many times even though I SWEAR I got it right. I had logged in the night before and used it perfectly. I tried again today...
  9. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...
  10. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...