Windows 10: Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

Discus and support Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I forgot my password to my Windows 10 pro computer. I was wondering if there is any way to get back into it. I don't have a usb with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by George Phassos, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

Hello,I forgot my password to my Windows 10 pro computer. I was wondering if there is any way to get back into it. I don't have a usb with the password. For some reason I don't have the security question option and when I click password reset it brings me to The Password Wizard page.Thanks,George

:)

George Phassos, Jun 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

1. Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer - Similar Threads - Locked Pro Computer

2. Locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my computer: Can’t get into my laptop locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer/0c174547-efd9-47a3-9c93-1577456c7e0e
  3. Locked out of my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my computer!: So i usually use a PIN to sign in to my computer but now all of a sudden it says it's unavailable due to a chance on the configuration. I tried to use my Microsoft password but it keeps popping up as incorrect even thought I'm able to sign in into my Microsoft account and...
  4. Locked out my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out my computer: I'm trying to log in to an old computer but it's saying I don't have enough information to reset the old password. I don't know how to log in or what information to provide in order to get my old laptop unlocked. It has literally become impossible to talk to a customer...
  5. Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer: Hello,I forgot my password to my Windows 10 pro computer. I was wondering if there is any way to get back into it. I don't have a usb with the password. For some reason I don't have the security question option and when I click password reset it brings me to The Password...
  6. Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked Out of my Windows 10 Pro Computer: Hello,I forgot my password to my Windows 10 pro computer. I was wondering if there is any way to get back into it. I don't have a usb with the password. For some reason I don't have the security question option and when I click password reset it brings me to The Password...
  7. Locked out of my Windows 10 computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my Windows 10 computer: I started using my laptop again after some time. Turns out I did not remember my pin, though I tried several possibilities. I clicked on "I forgot my PIN" and this took me to a few options, the main one being to send me a text message to confirm my identity. It turns out the...
  8. Locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer: I have an HP Pavilion x360. My Pin no longer works and I can't remember my password. I don't have a windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and the windows key doesn't work when I press it on my keyboard. I select "Forgot my PIN" but nothing happens. How do I sign...
  9. Locked out of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my computer: I'm locked out of my computer. I haven't changed the pw, in fact I tried to remove the requirement for a pw entirely and I thought I had done that. Could the requirement have been reactivated with an update? Anyway, I have tried my old password, logged into MS and changed...
  10. Locked out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of my computer.: I cannot log in on startup. I tried to change the password on my phone but it didn't work. Just keep saying password incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer/73ab6dff-0745-46fc-8e9e-dacf37c8aac1