Windows 10: Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been...

Discus and support Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had problems with my mouse, it would not recognise every click. Sometimes I had to click 6/7 times for a reaction. I was following a help where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidFinnie, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been...

I had problems with my mouse, it would not recognise every click. Sometimes I had to click 6/7 times for a reaction. I was following a help where I entered 'msconfig' and somehow landed with a restart where a second account 'david1' appeared.

I tried everything to access my original accout but it tells me there's a pin problem and it's not available and my microsoft password is wrong.

I tried safe mode, but the only way to access the pc is through the new account. From there the start button only works when I right click. I can't write anything in Cortana also when I right click start the search does not react, but the 'run' does. Accessing as an administrator is impossible. It denies me any changes regarding users. The original user folder also tells me no access.

I have no access to my files anymore.

I was looking through the internet, but there's seems to be no one with these amount of problems.

Any one got an idea?

:)

DavidFinnie, Nov 25, 2020

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been...

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been...

1. Locked out of my windows account. Windows pin error, password not recognised and user been... - Similar Threads - Locked account pin

2. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  3. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password: Thanks to Microsoft I am officially only ever buying Apple products from here on out because when I call 1-800-APL-CARE, I get a representative on the PHONE and they direct me to where I need to go. Now that I got that off my chest:I bought a refurbished laptop that came with...
  4. Windows 10 no account, now I'm locked out sans Pin or Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Locked out of my windows account--

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my windows account--: I can sign in to windows. For my personal log in, I used my work email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account has been locked and I can't sign in All the help info will not let me change my personal windows account log in nameI have a new work microsoft...
  6. Locked out of my windows account--

Locked out of my windows account--: I can sign in to windows. For my personal log in, I used my work email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account has been locked and I can't sign in All the help info will not let me change my personal windows account log in nameI have a new work microsoft...
  7. I've been locked out of my old account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been locked out of my old account.: My old account is registered with my old phone number a number no longer in use, and that old number and my for at the moment lost/unavailable phone holds all security for my account as well as all security for my back up security alternative email. I need help reopening my...
  8. I've been locked out of my old account.

I've been locked out of my old account.: My old account is registered with my old phone number a number no longer in use, and that old number and my for at the moment lost/unavailable phone holds all security for my account as well as all security for my back up security alternative email. I need help reopening my...
  9. I've been locked out of my old account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.: Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble shooting in advance options with no luck. Start up repair - is not recognizing the password. Startup settings - restore...