Windows 10: locked out of new laptop

Discus and support locked out of new laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got an HP laptop as a gift. I was able to get on at first, but I entered an incorrect windows user id. Now it always asks for a pin for the wrong id.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThomasSwain, Dec 29, 2019.

1. locked out of new laptop

I got an HP laptop as a gift. I was able to get on at first, but I entered an incorrect windows user id. Now it always asks for a pin for the wrong id. how can I get back to the original state or change the windows logon account.

:)

ThomasSwain, Dec 29, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

PNY Announces New Line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY") today announced the launch of a new line of ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking Systems -- specifically engineered with patented technology to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. Designed for personal and business use to keep your device secured while in public locations, from dorm rooms and offices to tradeshows and display rooms, PNY offers a convenient and discrete locking solution for your laptop devices.

The PNY ThinkSafe family of products includes the Laptop Locking System, the MacBook Locking System, and the Security Clamp. The Laptop Locking System -- designed to be universal -- was engineered to work with Laptops, Ultrabooks, and MacBooks. The MacBook Locking System -- designed to work with Apple products -- was engineered to work with the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac. The ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp provides a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook, complements both of the PNY Locking Systems and also works with most cable locking systems in the market today.

locked out of new laptop 133a_thm.jpg

locked out of new laptop 133b_thm.jpg

locked out of new laptop 133c_thm.jpg

locked out of new laptop 133d_thm.jpg

Patented Hinge-Link technology, utilizing a hinge-locking design, is the fundamental security feature that makes PNY ThinkSafe Locking Systems one-of-a-kind. With four distinct custom-shaped Hinge-Links, constructed of hardened stainless steel and based on a device's varying hinge configuration, PNY offers a simple solution that is extremely secure and versatile. Each one uniquely fits through the hinge of your laptop in seconds to easily secure your device -- in any environment to conveniently safeguard virtually any laptop. As the hinge of a laptop is an incredibly strong point and is easily accessible, consumers can have peace-of-mind that their device is secured properly. The included step-by-step quick-start guide will help users simply identify which Hinge-Link works best with their system. Additionally, the patented PNY ThinkSafe Locking System is the only hinge-locking solution available today to safely and securely lock the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display.

The patent-pending Slot-Link by PNY is a cast steel constructed mechanism that connects to a laptop's security slot in seconds. Slot-Link offers consumers a convenient way to lock any laptop device utilizing the existing slot integrated into the body of many devices today.

Each of the PNY Locking Systems comes with a 6 foot carbon steel cable with built-in combination lock and factory installed 4-digit pin for the ultimate security. The combination lock fits snugly into all of the PNY Hinge-Links and the Slot-Link. A convenient travel pouch is also included, for the utmost in portability.

"PNY is excited to bring a revolutionary new approach to physical laptop security, providing class leading theft deterrence and moving away from the limitations of the 3mm x 7mm security slot. Laptops continue to become thinner and more elegant, with Apple leading the charge, resulting in a number of manufacturers eliminating the security slot and as a result there exists a need for a new improved method to attach a cable lock to a laptop," said Nicholas Mauro, senior marketing manager, for PNY. "PNY has focused on providing a solution that is compatible with more makes and models of laptop computers than other manufacturers and developed an easy-to-use solution to help combat laptop theft. We are very excited to offer a simple, secure & unique solution for the MacBook Air, which does not have a security slot."
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Laptop Locking System
      Engineered to secure your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable MacBook Locking System
      Engineered to secure your MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, or iMac
      MSRP: $39.99
    • PNY ThinkSafe Portable Security Clamp
      Engineered to provide a secure anchor point for your Laptop, Ultrabook, or MacBook
      MSRP: $29.99

btarunr, Dec 29, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

locked out of new laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

locked out of new laptop

1. locked out of new laptop - Similar Threads - locked laptop

2. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  3. How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off caps lock pop up in windows 11 HP laptop? I have tried out all the possible...: I have tried out all the possible solutions listed but it went in vain. Also tried changing it from control panel and also removing startup apps. This issue has started on its own suddenly....
  4. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  5. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  6. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  7. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this: At first my laptop is lost then I lock this laptop and when I find my laptop I tried to unclock it but it can't be unlocked please solve my problem and unlock it...
  8. I lock my laptop now I want to unlock this

9. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...
  10. How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device

How to lock my stolen laptop if i cannot locate it on find my device: My laptop was stolen i can see the location on the map but i can not be able to locate the lock button. I have refreshed several times please help. its hard to contact microsoft support live chat.help...