Windows 10: Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now Windows will not boot up. I have tried accessing system restore by powering down during boot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NathanClements1, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now Windows will not boot up.

I have tried accessing system restore by powering down during boot to take it back to before the update but I have it asks me for my account password which I had forgotten.

I reset my account password which I am now signed into this forum with but it keeps saying incorrect password when trying to system restore. I assume this is because Windows 10 won't boot and therefore won't register my updated password.

Is there anything I can do about this as I really do not want to reinstall Windows 10 as there are some files on my PC that I absolutely cannot lose.

:)

NathanClements1, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 18, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

1. Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Locked Update

2. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  3. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  4. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  6. Entire windows update lock up

Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  7. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  9. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  10. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade