Windows 10: Locked out of PC unable to login

Discus and support Locked out of PC unable to login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I loaded a new Office Home and Student in my computer. I was able to run a power point and then closed . When I tried to reopen my computer, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GlendaBarlow, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Locked out of PC unable to login

I loaded a new Office Home and Student in my computer. I was able to run a power point and then closed . When I tried to reopen my computer, I was locked out. I created a pin # that was accepted. I created a new PW using my IPad, for my computer. It was accepted by Microsoft but when I tried to open my computer it goes directly to wanted my password which it will not accept.

Help!

***Original title: Opening Windows10 in my HP computer***

:)

GlendaBarlow, Oct 11, 2019
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Locked out of PC unable to login [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Locked out of PC unable to login

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of PC unable to login

1. Locked out of PC unable to login - Similar Threads - Locked unable login

2. Windows 11 Switched to pin login. Unable to use recovery. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Switched to pin login. Unable to use recovery. Locked out of PC: My partner turned on her PC this evening having used it all day. She uses password login, when she rebooted it was asking for her pin which she does not know and believes she never set. she is currently locked out of the PC as her phone number is outdated on her windows...
  3. Windows 11 Switched to pin login. Unable to use recovery. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Switched to pin login. Unable to use recovery. Locked out of PC: My partner turned on her PC this evening having used it all day. She uses password login, when she rebooted it was asking for her pin which she does not know and believes she never set. she is currently locked out of the PC as her phone number is outdated on her windows...
  4. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of PC: I remoted into my brother's PC using "Remote Desktop Connection" while helping him and he logged and I connected to the PC again over and over.When he was trying to log in to his PC after I helped him with drivers he got a message saying "This option is disabled due to failed...
  5. locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked out of pc: To start off this is an older pc that had not been used in 2-4 years. I had recently refreshed it and reinstalled windows while keeping files because my mother wanted all her photos on it, it now functions but the Microsoft account that was being used no longer exists. trying...
  6. Locked out of PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of PC: So, for the past 12 or so hours, my laptop has been acting strange. I woke up at 2am to the fans on my GTX 1650 running extremely fast for seemingly no reason. I open it, and it doesn't turn on. I unplug everything and let it cool, and it turns on but... I can't sign in with...
  7. Locked Out - Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked Out - Login Screen: I've always bypassed the login screen using netplwz, have done this forever, but I recently changed my password in netplwz (as i,ve done many times in the past) , rebooted, and now I get the login screen with a message that the incorrect password is being used.... when I...
  8. Windows Login Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Login Locked out: My company has undergone a security migration project in which we have taken our desktops from our company domain and changed them over to an "INTUNE" workgroup and then joined AZURE AD. On one of these computers I followed the process to join the workgroup and restarted the...
  9. Locked out of PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of PC: I had purchased a new laptop, as well as Office 365 and updated the new device, yet when I went to sign in on my home desktop, it does not allow me to log into it. I tried the new PIN Which I use to sign onto my laptop as well as the the updated passwords, and nothing works....
  10. Locked out pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out pc: Hi, I got a warning in my notification that windows has picked up a trojan horse and had to scan now, anyway cut a long story short my problem is they have changed my log in windows password and can't log into my pc. Any ideas or do I have to do a full rebuild. Thanks...