Windows 10: Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

Discus and support Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Services in Question which the options are all grayed out! Windows Update 'Running' Manual Trigger Update Orchestrator Service for Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EXECORE, Oct 29, 2018.

1. EXECORE Win User

Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

Services in Question which the options are all grayed out!

Windows Update 'Running' Manual Trigger

Update Orchestrator Service for Windows Update 'UsoSvc' 'Running' Manual Trigger

Delivery Optimization 'Running' Manual Trigger

Lastly

Windows Defender Service 'Running' Automatic

This one is extremely annoying as my pc has a virus that forces my Antimalware Service Executable into this bizarre overload causing a good chuck of high 75-100 Disk usaged for about 10-30mins putting alot of strain on my pc till it finally says restart your pc & the service stops altogather I can't even download & run antimalware removal software due to one of my viruses I'll got & defender won't remove them & turns off so I just want to avoid this whole 10-30min process of hell everytime I reboot as the program doesn't work anyways just performance drains/kills my pc.

The 3 windows Updates are a different story when active my pc is also being drained via the network connection everythings like snails super slowed down & sometimes refuses to even let me do anything online using wifi, beyond that I normally don't have wifi or a hard connection instead I use a tethered bluetooth phone dialup *991 or or something as my primary internet & these programs running literally refuses my 200kbte 1/5mb per sec network for surfing/gaming & the stuff I would like to do as it hogs up what little bandwidth I have.

Simply put I need a patch to turn off all 4 of these features & the fact that the windows operating system is blocking access to these to begin is down right disturbing/board-line criminal so I would like to request a very detailed step by step guide for unlocked these grey outs so I can disable them.

I'm still using an out dated version of windows 10 as the updates it tried to place just destroyed my ability to do anything so I've used a firm rule to get these disable as best a could & normally they aren't greyout out excluding Defender as its always active but for some ungodly pure hell/evil reason I can no longer change these settings & its driving me mad thus why I'm here posting all thes bs due to the lack of easy access to this beyond simple click disable program Services, if this is intentionally shut down from some recent update I suggest you change this policy for all users of Windows.

Again if theres some way to turn these off using something like run 'regedit' please post how to do some because I pulling my hair out here trying to solve this internet connection issues which should not have been a issues to begin with.

my 400$ laptop was all I could afford & not everyone is going to shell out extra cash due to your assumption that internet works well enough while this programs drain massive amount of bandwidth for nothing more than a fancy illusion of security that simply never worked in the first place, I use the pc for purely web surfing & gaming I keep no personal info in my gmail accounts/or anywhere else stored within my pc that I don't mind losing/have stolen by a dead hardrive or hacker so the need for any of theses updates/virus protections is a mute point that has never bothered me or cuased any sort of issue performance wise hell I have many viruses that literally cause no issues on my pc its your poorly design update & bad a virus defender that has been the bain of my existance.

:)

EXECORE, Oct 29, 2018
  2. kaschiro1 Win User

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

How to fix failed driver updates?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows update troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All"

• Select "Windows update"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to make sure if the following services are started in Services. msc

• Press Windows+ R keys to open Run Window.

• Type services.msc and hit enter

• Make sure the following services are set to Start and Automatic.

• Background Intelligence transfer

• Windows update

• Cryptographic Service

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

1. Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop! - Similar Threads - Locked services msc

2. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locked and unable to unlock: Hi,I received an alert that my Microsoft account had been accessed, so I locked my device via my phone in fear of it being stolen as the location was not my exact address turns it it was at my address just in accurate. I returned to my laptop and went to log in as normal and...
  3. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop locked and unable to unlock: Hi,I received an alert that my Microsoft account had been accessed, so I locked my device via my phone in fear of it being stolen as the location was not my exact address turns it it was at my address just in accurate. I returned to my laptop and went to log in as normal and...
  4. Laptop locked and unable to unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  6. Disabled all my msc services on accident

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled all my msc services on accident: My game was crashing off boot of the game so I went on YouTube to try and fix it clicked on the wrong video long story short disabled all my msc services restarted my pc and I can’t login knowing the smart choice I went here in need of answers so I tried to boot up my bios no...
  7. unlock remotely locked laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlock remotely locked laptop: How do I unlock a laptop that I have remotely locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-remotely-locked-laptop/810ed05d-edd3-4897-b4f2-166d68fa1bc7
  8. LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP: HELLO, MY LAPTOP DOSENT ACCECPT MY PIN# LOG IN ANYMORE AS OF TODAY? TRIED AND TRIED COMES BACK AS WRONG PIN? THEN ASKS FOR PASSWORD WHICH I NEVER HAD BUT READ ON AND TRIED THAT TO NO AVAIL? CAN ANYONE ADDRESS THEIS PROBLEM AS I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY NEW LAPTOP....
  9. Locked out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my laptop: I'm attempted dp do away with my windows 10 sign on my PC not laptop in by doing the following: Press the Windows and R keys on the keyboard to open the Run box and enter “netplwiz.” Press the Enter key. In the User Accountswindow, select your account and uncheck the box...
  10. How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop: So I have a OMEN Laptop (specs below) and I have been trying to underclock its CPU. It is currently running at around 3.9 GHz and its making the laptop way to hot. I have tried going into the BIOS and found nothing of changing the CPU speed. Please note that I have been in...
Tags: