Windows 10: Locked out of Win 10 by password reject

Discus and support Locked out of Win 10 by password reject in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did not change my password. I tried to go to safe mode to fix a problem. Now it won't accept my password and I am locked out because I cannot get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by derbeck, Aug 26, 2019.

1. derbeck Win User

Locked out of Win 10 by password reject

I did not change my password. I tried to go to safe mode to fix a problem. Now it won't accept my password and I am locked out because I cannot get into safe mode and it won't let me go back to regular mode.

What might cause this, and what can I do about it so I can get back into my computer?

Can I just somehow get back to regular mode?

I just have the one login.

:)

derbeck, Aug 26, 2019

2. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

Issue occurs on the login/lock screen, after booting or waking my Win 10 PC.

On the login screen, after inserting the correct password, 60% of the time I will get the following message:

"You can't sign in to your devices right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem, or try the last password you used on this device."

After 2-4 attempts of the same correct password, which are rejected with the "You can't sign in..." message, Windows will finally accept the correct password.

As noted, this only occurs 60% of the time when attempting to first log in. The other 40% of the time, I won't encounter the message. Lock screen shows no network connection problems.

I do not have similar problems, with same Microsoft account/user, across other Win 10 devices. I don't see any action items on account.live.com that could resolve or relate to this.

Florish JJ, Aug 26, 2019
  3. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 lock screen password

We appreciate the details that you've provided. We suggest that you remove the lock screen password by following the steps below:

• On the Windows search bar, type in Netplwiz and select the top most result.This window gives you access to Windows user accounts and many password controls.
    • Right at the top is a checkmark next to the option labeled Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
      Uncheck that.
    • Click Apply and it will prompt you for your current password. Enter it twice. The next time you reboot, or your PC wakes up from a nap, you’ll no longer need to type in your password.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked out of Win 10 by password reject - Similar Threads - Locked password reject

2. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  3. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  4. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Password not accepted - Locked Out!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password not accepted - Locked Out!: Toshiba Satellite L50 C has been running at very high disk usage, so decided to try a reduced start via "msconfig" selecting "Diagnostic Startup". After restart, entered correct password numerous times but it was not accepted. Tried "Forgotten Password" but that didn't take...
  6. Win 10 Locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Locked out: Hello My father has managed to forget his password to gain access to his laptop, he has also managed to forget his security answers to re set the password He is getting on in years Is there any way that I can access his laptop We have no back up disc for it and he has...
  7. Locked out of Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Win 10: Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help! btw , when i click on the i forgot my password link it...
  8. Locked out at password screen

Locked out at password screen: I have an HP 14cd110. I was hospitalized and someone changed my login from a PIN to unknown password. Don't know what answers to ?s are. Tried every combo I could think of. No luck. so I went into the recovery portion getting in by shifting during boot. looked like it was...
  9. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password: Issue occurs on the login/lock screen, after booting or waking my Win 10 PC. On the login screen, after inserting the correct password, 60% of the time I will get the following message: "You can't sign in to your devices right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the...
  10. Windows 10: password lock out

Windows 10: password lock out: Hi Yesterday, Windows Defender told me I should set a password. I started to do that but part of the process, formulating a 8 digit password to meet its high level requirement. But as it then required my old password to proceed, which I did not know (or even if i ever had...