Windows 10: Locked out of Win 10

Discus and support Locked out of Win 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cpt.Sulu, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Cpt.Sulu Win User

Locked out of Win 10

Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help!

btw , when i click on the i forgot my password link it does nothing but says wait a minute and then goes right back to the lock screen doing nothing.

:)

Cpt.Sulu, Apr 10, 2020

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Locked out of Win 10

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Win 10

1. Locked out of Win 10 - Similar Threads - Locked

2. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  3. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  4. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  5. Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?

Wanneer ik mijn shift-lock aan doe komt er een notificatie, hoe doe ik dat weg?: Het is een HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanneer-ik-mijn-shift-lock-aan-doe-komt-er-een/46611784-cc43-4024-9936-2344180437d6
  6. Turn off caps lock notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  7. Turn off caps lock notification

Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  8. Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how turn off the big Caps Lock on/off notification on windows 11: It comes up with thing on screen saying caps lock on/off and comes up with a lock picture either open or locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-how-turn-off-the-big-caps-lock-onoff/35036f49-adb3-4503-a488-6238d4404ecd
  9. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  10. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....