Windows 10: Locked out of Win 10

Discus and support Locked out of Win 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cpt.Sulu, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Cpt.Sulu Win User

Locked out of Win 10

Somehow i managed to lock myself out of my desktop , i cannot get past the lock screen. I changed the password 2 times but i think the problem is my username which i do not know how to change on the lock screen, help!

btw , when i click on the i forgot my password link it does nothing but says wait a minute and then goes right back to the lock screen doing nothing.

:)

Cpt.Sulu, Apr 10, 2020

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Locked out of Win 10

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Win 10

1. Locked out of Win 10 - Similar Threads - Locked

2. Forcing Windows 10 into "Touch" mode at the Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing Windows 10 into "Touch" mode at the Lock Screen.: Is there any way, like a registry edit or something, that forces Windows into thinking or acting as though you're connected to a touch-enabled display at the Lock Screen? Specifically the behavior I'd like to see is the onscreen number pad appearing by default when I'm...
  3. I think I pressed AltGr plus an F Key and now my start menu is locked and looks like this -...

I think I pressed AltGr plus an F Key and now my start menu is locked and looks like this -...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/randomqueue [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6np7s/i_think_i_pressed_altgr_plus_an_f_key_and_now_my/
  4. Dynamic Lock device - how to change it?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock device - how to change it?: I want to change my device associated to the Dynamic Lock function but I don't find where and how. How can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-device-how-to-change-it/933494f4-85d2-4a55-8caa-add6f115cae1
  5. Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitors Lock Screen Sign in screen ISSUES won't connect: Issue is with dual display ONLY. Connects fine if remote PC is on desktop Connects fine using 1 display in all scenarios * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Lock Screen" * Will NOT connect if remote PC is in "Sign In Screen" [ATTACH] Because of a protocol error...
  6. Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - Cat walked on my keyboard, now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard...: As it says in the title, Windows 10 DESKTOP computer. Cat walked on the laptop and now the lock screen does not respond to any keyboard entry I have tried thus far. I have to use the mouse to click on the "picture of the day" then when the login prompt is brought up, I can...
  7. Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?: On my Old Dell 1440 I run Windows 10 20H2 and use the LOCK (off Start Menu) when I am finished. I am using the Laptop only on AC power usually. I have noticed since about last 1-2 weeks that my PC never powers off, i.e., Power Button remains on. Prior to that, when I did a...
  8. Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from Control Panel: I got a message startup repair couldn't repair your PC. I tried the suggestions through command prompt and self repair but none of them work because by C drive is locked. I get the message "This drive is locked by Bitlocker Drive Encryption. You must unlock this drive from...
  9. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  10. Every time that I press caps-lock/num-lock this shows up. Do you know how to deactivate it?

Every time that I press caps-lock/num-lock this shows up. Do you know how to deactivate it?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/tj7ht4yrxz261.png?width=313&format=png&auto=webp&s=46560a2087e67d0527193aa1dbbe0f9852f0f7f1 submitted by /u/EnioCapioli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k603t6/every_time_that_i_press_capslocknumlock_this/