Windows 10: locked out of win10

Discus and support locked out of win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i need some help i think. i have a win 10 msi laptop. i have been attempting to reinstall and delete everything on it as i have lost all passwords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/transgenderdinosaurs, Dec 8, 2019.

1. locked out of win10

so i need some help i think.

i have a win 10 msi laptop.

i have been attempting to reinstall and delete everything on it as i have lost all passwords and my current password seems to no longer be accepted.

the account is linked to a microsoft account.and the password still works online but is no longer accepted at login.

other than this the laptop seems to have been working fine.

things ive tried so far, but didnt work.

1. reboot into recovery using shift restart computer and follow reset procedure,install stops at 30 percent and exits saying something went wrong.

2. do the same thing with a external usb install drive but when i do this my harddrive is not visable and so i cannot install it.

3.tried changing utilman.exe to cmd.exe and opening a cmd window at login and change password or create a new user with admin pass.but i get system error 5 and am not allowed to do anything.

4.created a bootable recovey from another computer booted into it and tried to reset it with the same outcome, the install stops half way through.

5.tried entering recovery from turing computer on and off a few times but still install stops at 30 percent.

6.got into safe mode and tried to acces user accounts ,but it wont let me as it asks me for the account password which i no longer have.

an odd this i found is the msi reset to factory setting is not showoing up in recovery mode like i see in most other msi tutorials.

the drive is dead to me and i am not worried about formatting the whole thing or losing data , so what would be the next step towards a solution to reset everything to factory settings?

will i lose my liciense key or is this saved in my microsoft account as i dont have it written anywhere.

any help would be great as so far i cannot manage to find a solution.

submitted by /u/transgenderdinosaurs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/transgenderdinosaurs, Dec 8, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 8, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 8, 2019
  4. locked out of win10

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

locked out of win10

1. locked out of win10 - Similar Threads - locked win10

2. Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11: Experiencing battery drainage despite the laptop being locked and stored in a bag after updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-even-with-laptop-locked-in-the-bag/98859dd1-6bfb-439a-97bc-9b085f147028
  3. Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11: Experiencing battery drainage despite the laptop being locked and stored in a bag after updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-even-with-laptop-locked-in-the-bag/98859dd1-6bfb-439a-97bc-9b085f147028
  4. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?: You ruined my WIn10 OS locked out and pissed off. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY? From all of the chatter concerning the ill fated updates that put PINS Win10, it is rather conclusive that it was either a code mistake or it was done to perhaps move users to...
  5. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

in Windows 10 Customization
    You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?: You ruined my WIn10 OS locked out and pissed off. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY? From all of the chatter concerning the ill fated updates that put PINS Win10, it is rather conclusive that it was either a code mistake or it was done to perhaps move users to...
  6. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  8. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  9. I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...

I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...: I want to lock my computer with the password required after waking up from the sleep mode. However, it always just logs into the desktop after waking from the sleep mode without any password needed. I'd searched and tried the solutions from the internet while they didn't work...
  10. I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...: I want to lock my computer with the password required after waking up from the sleep mode. However, it always just logs into the desktop after waking from the sleep mode without any password needed. I'd searched and tried the solutions from the internet while they didn't work...