Windows 10: locked out of win10

Discus and support locked out of win10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After an update, log on changed from a password to a pin. I have not set a pin! Cannot use "I have forgotten my pin" as my Dell laptop is off the net... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PeterLovatt, Apr 18, 2022.

1. locked out of win10

After an update, log on changed from a password to a pin. I have not set a pin! Cannot use "I have forgotten my pin" as my Dell laptop is off the net prior to logging in. Cannot turn net on from box in bottom right. Tried reset, tried most if not all booting options including advanced settings and "Safe Mode" still wants a pin I do not have. Boot screen has pin box my name and the four options bottom right.I do have my password. Can anybody help?Thank you Peter

:)

PeterLovatt, Apr 18, 2022
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 18, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Jacee Win User

locked out of win10

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

locked out of win10

1. locked out of win10 - Similar Threads - locked win10

2. Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11: Experiencing battery drainage despite the laptop being locked and stored in a bag after updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-even-with-laptop-locked-in-the-bag/98859dd1-6bfb-439a-97bc-9b085f147028
  3. Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain even with laptop locked in the bag after win update from win10 to win11: Experiencing battery drainage despite the laptop being locked and stored in a bag after updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drain-even-with-laptop-locked-in-the-bag/98859dd1-6bfb-439a-97bc-9b085f147028
  4. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?: You ruined my WIn10 OS locked out and pissed off. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY? From all of the chatter concerning the ill fated updates that put PINS Win10, it is rather conclusive that it was either a code mistake or it was done to perhaps move users to...
  5. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

in Windows 10 Customization
    You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?: You ruined my WIn10 OS locked out and pissed off. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY? From all of the chatter concerning the ill fated updates that put PINS Win10, it is rather conclusive that it was either a code mistake or it was done to perhaps move users to...
  6. You ruined my WIn10 OS I am locked out. Your updates were deliberate and nefarious WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  8. Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?

Why does win10/11 screen lock cause my laptop to go really slow after unlocking ?: For years I've seen an issue where after unlocking a locked screen all my apps perform exceptionally slowly. Particular Teams, Outlook, Word, Even Excel, PowerPoint and Chrome can slow right down.Its as if the OS has gone into power save mode during screen lock, but then...
  9. I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...

I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...: I want to lock my computer with the password required after waking up from the sleep mode. However, it always just logs into the desktop after waking from the sleep mode without any password needed. I'd searched and tried the solutions from the internet while they didn't work...
  10. I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to lock my win10 with the password required after waking up from sleep mode, but it...: I want to lock my computer with the password required after waking up from the sleep mode. However, it always just logs into the desktop after waking from the sleep mode without any password needed. I'd searched and tried the solutions from the internet while they didn't work...