Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My 92 year old Mother who is in another state is having computer problems. It appears she has entered the wrong pin and is locked out. She says she... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimcheek1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. jimcheek1 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

My 92 year old Mother who is in another state is having computer problems. It appears she has entered the wrong pin and is locked out. She says she enters the A1B2C3 but it doesnt help. I see info on how to login on a Windows phone but not for a computer. Can you advise in detail what she needs to do so I can get her back online>> I appreciate your help.

jim

* Original title: A1B2C3

:)

jimcheek1, Feb 11, 2019

2. can not enter lock screen PIN

when i try to enter my PIN to log into my PC, after pressing the first digit of the PIN the lock screen closes to lock screen wallpaper. then again clicking or pressing any key comes the enter pin screen and again entering the first digit takes me to lock
    screen wallpaper. don't really know what is wrong here. i am using windows 10 pro.

TahsinAr Rahman, Feb 11, 2019
  3. can not enter lock screen PIN

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to enter PIN on lock screen.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Are you able to enter password to login?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Step1: Boot your system in safe mode.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

If you are able to boot into safe mode update display drivers.

Step 2:
    Update display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Display
    Adapters

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    Update.

e. You may reinstall the drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

1. Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN - Similar Threads - Locked entering wrong

2. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  3. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after incorrect PIN: My son accidentally entered the PIN wrong on our Acer laptop and it has locked us out. It tells us to enter the Challenge Phrase A1B2C3 then gives us the chance to enter the PIN. Upon doing this and it is DEFINITELY the correct PIN this time! we are met with the error ‘this...
  4. Locked out after incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t enter pin,says new user ,locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t enter pin,says new user ,locked out: Locked out of pc,sign in screen says unable to use pin,then right under says enter new pin,I hit enter new pin and behind it while it’s twirling it says in big bold letters New User and it just goes back to enter new pin or welcome screen.Tried Advanced options but won’t take...
  6. Can’t enter pin,says new user ,locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t enter pin,says new user ,locked out: Locked out of pc,sign in screen says unable to use pin,then right under says enter new pin,I hit enter new pin and behind it while it’s twirling it says in big bold letters New User and it just goes back to enter new pin or welcome screen.Tried Advanced options but won’t take...
  7. Can’t enter pin,says new user ,locked out

8. Entered wrong PIN code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entered wrong PIN code: I am new to the PC and Windows world.I bought a new program and it downloaded but I can not install it because i entered the wrong PIN code too many times when I tried to open it. Tried to restart after following the steps for PIN code change. Same message again, enter PIN...
  9. Entered wrong PIN code

Entered wrong PIN code: I am new to the PC and Windows world.I bought a new program and it downloaded but I can not install it because i entered the wrong PIN code too many times when I tried to open it. Tried to restart after following the steps for PIN code change. Same message again, enter PIN...
  10. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out: Hello,So I have a problem with one of my windows laptops in which when I put in my pin which I know is correct it keeps telling me its wrong and locking me out. This problem as never arises before as my other 2 windows laptops work just fine. When I put in my pin it tells me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enter a1b2c3 below

2. does entering wrong pin lock windows 10

3. windows 10 three times wrong pin

4. entered wronf pin windows 10 locked out,
  5. locked out from window 10 pin wrong,
  6. incorrect pin windows 10 A1B2C3 at login