Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; thanks Bazz but, I don't have a CD as I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft online. Also I think it's the Microsoft Account password it wants. Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EmperorAmerica, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jaxson Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password

thanks Bazz but, I don't have a CD as I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft online. Also I think it's the Microsoft Account password it wants.

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Bazz Win User

A windows 7 disk will suffice and it will allow you access into your computer, you can then reset your password.

3. Jaxson Win User
    thanks Bazz but, I don't have a CD as I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft online. Also I think it's the Microsoft Account password it wants.

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  4. parm Win User

I'm having the same problem with my laptop. I ended up googling a way to add a new account so I can log in and copy files, but I wasnt able to change the password on the main account which is tied to MS online authentication. There doesnt seem to be a way to switch it either without being connected.

This sucks since the laptop wont let me revert back to win8 either.

5. Jaxson Win User
    Don't have a Windows 7 cd either as it came loaded on my laptop when I bought it.

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Bazz Win User
    If you know anyone with a windows 7 pc you can make a repair cd that will allow you access to the command prompt.

7. Jaxson Win User
    I feel your pain! Just want my windows 7 back.

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  8. Jaxson Win User

Hmmm, thanks Bazz. That may be an option.

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Bazz Win User
    Also I have just tested this, if you hold down the power button on your pc when windows starts to boot until it shuts off 3 times you will get into the recovery menu and can get a option for boot safe mode with command prompt. when the cmd opens type in regedit and follow my guide.

10. XweAponX Win User
    Probably not bricked, but your account may be locked out pending a forced password reset. They did that to be about 2 months back, I had been using a 7-digit only password, and they wanted 8. If you can log in to Windows Live or Outlook.com (from anywhere, coffee shop, internet kiosk, etc), they should prompt you to reset your password as you log in.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  11. Jaxson Win User
    Will give it a try. Thanks so much!!

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  12. Jaxson Win User
    I've been thinking the same. I can log in from my iPad at home?

Jaxson, Aug 16, 2015
  13. XweAponX Win User

Probably, it depends on if the site has controls that only work in IE, I'll test it now.

Go to login.live.com and enter your MS account

Yah, I can get in. From there, if you are pending a pw reset, it will prompt you to deal with it immediately.

XweAponX, Aug 16, 2015
  14. OK so I think I found a solution guys, the same thing happened to me just now while upgrading from W7 to W10 (and it also inverted my screen lol wtf?). So my password which had one capital letter in it wasn't recognised at all. Just type your password all lower case, it worked for me.

oldskool808s, Sep 23, 2015
  15. Slugger Win User
    Did you back up before upgrading?

Slugger, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Locked out of Windows 10 and No internet access to reset password - Similar Threads - Locked internet access

2. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  3. Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out, no PIN box, can't reset password: On a Windows 11 computer, I've been using my PIN to enter the login screen.Now the PIN data entry box is gone: There is a key pad icon under the "Sign-in options", but when I click it, the system asks me for my password "Want to sign in faster...enter your password to setup...
  4. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  5. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  6. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Cannot Access Internet to Reset Password: Good day everyone,I have run across a problem that I cannot find references to or solve. For some reason on May 17 Bitlocker actively engaged one of our Dell Windows 10 laptops. The laptop is my sister-in-laws and she does not use her Microsoft Live pin code nor has she set...
  8. locked out of reset windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of reset windows: Hello, so i wanted to reset my windows and it got stuck at 62% so i restarted my PC after waiting 10 hours. Once my PC restarted after setup I was presented with a login screen, the problem is the PC seems to be locked into airplane mode so i cant login with my Microsoft...
  9. Locked out of windows 10 no reset password disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows 10 no reset password disk: How to access my computer window 10 locked out will not accept my password do not have a reset disk Moved from: Accounts, login, and signup / Account settings / Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10: password lock out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: password lock out: Hi Yesterday, Windows Defender told me I should set a password. I started to do that but part of the process, formulating a 8 digit password to meet its high level requirement. But as it then required my old password to proceed, which I did not know (or even if i ever had...