Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I am locked out of my computer. Normally I sign in using my pin number, but now it will only accept my password... which I cannot remember for the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NeilSinclair1, May 27, 2019.

1. Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.

Hi

I am locked out of my computer. Normally I sign in using my pin number, but now it will only accept my password... which I cannot remember for the life of me.

I don't want to try too many times obviously. I was trying to run a diagnostics test when it shut down. Please help!

:)

NeilSinclair1, May 27, 2019

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, May 27, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 27, 2019
  4. Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.

Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password.

1. Locked out of Windows 10. I only know my pin not the password. - Similar Threads - Locked pin password

2. Locked out of pc and don’t know pin, but always logged in with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of pc and don’t know pin, but always logged in with password: I did crtl alt del to lock computer. Now locked out and it’s asking for a pin I don’t know. Tried a combination of numbers but get locked out after two attempt and have to wait 48 hours. I can’t win....
  3. Locked out of pc and don’t know pin, but always logged in with password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of pc and don’t know pin, but always logged in with password: I did crtl alt del to lock computer. Now locked out and it’s asking for a pin I don’t know. Tried a combination of numbers but get locked out after two attempt and have to wait 48 hours. I can’t win....
  4. computer is locked I do not know pin or password

computer is locked I do not know pin or password: computer is locked I do not know pin or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-locked-i-do-not-know-pin-or-password/f3618953-d470-42f5-a3b9-4b43e6014399
  5. computer is locked I do not know pin or password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is locked I do not know pin or password: computer is locked I do not know pin or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-locked-i-do-not-know-pin-or-password/f3618953-d470-42f5-a3b9-4b43e6014399
  6. computer is locked I do not know pin or password

computer is locked I do not know pin or password: computer is locked I do not know pin or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-locked-i-do-not-know-pin-or-password/defa06c9-ff18-47f0-b80a-5ebed5907702
  7. computer is locked I do not know pin or password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is locked I do not know pin or password: computer is locked I do not know pin or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-locked-i-do-not-know-pin-or-password/defa06c9-ff18-47f0-b80a-5ebed5907702
  8. Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 - MSCONFIG - Only pin visible - I know pin and password - Can not enter password.: So... I did the stupid thing some of users in this forum did. I played with MSCONFIG and set it to start in safemode. My problem is that I can not in anyway get the password input-box to appear, only the PIN. And as it turns out PIN is not a valid method to lig in to...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.: Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble shooting in advance options with no luck. Start up repair - is not recognizing the password. Startup settings - restore...
  10. Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password: Here is the thing, I've forgotten my administrator account password and the PIN to log in to my laptop. Usually I use the fingerprint option but it said it couldn't recognize my fingerprint so now it requires the password or the PIN. I already triet booting in safe mode but...