Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The user does not know the PIN. She has a Microsoft account associated with her machine account and can log in to accounts.microsoft.com with her email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John S6, May 17, 2024.

1. John S6 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

The user does not know the PIN. She has a Microsoft account associated with her machine account and can log in to accounts.microsoft.com with her email and password.The sign on screen does not show any other option, such as "Forgot PIN" or "Sign on another way". How is a user supposed to get out of this conundrum?I was able to enable the Administrator account and can sign on using that, but the user account is still locked.Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, OD Build 19045.4412

:)

John S6, May 17, 2024
  2. im-4-99 Win User

A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you

im-4-99, May 17, 2024
  3. Hi, I have entered pin to many times and now I'm asked to enter A1B2C3 Challenge phrase? I have no idea what a Challenge phrase is.

Please help, windows 11 won't allow any other type of sign in on my computer. I have entered pin to many times and now I'm asked to enter A1B2C3 Challenge phrase? I have no idea what a Challenge phrase is.

Mr Shifter NZ, May 17, 2024
  4. Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

Challenge phrase

Hello Aleena Sheikh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The challenge phrase does not require you to write it down. In general, after you have entered the wrong Pin number several times, you will see the prompt:

If you want to enter it again, enter challenge phrase A1B2C3

A1B2C3 is the challenge phrase. Since you have remembered the correct password, please enter the correct password after entering.

If you are currently stuck in a certain step, or have encountered a problem that cannot be explained by the text, I welcome you to provide the corresponding screenshot here so that I can better understand.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Mitchell - MSFT, May 17, 2024
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

1. Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available - Similar Threads - Locked lost PIN

2. Laptop locked out for challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop locked out for challenge phrase: Grandson locked out my laptop now it’s asking a challenge phrase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-out-for-challenge-phrase/d9beaa0d-fb15-4144-9a12-0242c6486efa
  3. Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available: The user does not know the PIN. She has a Microsoft account associated with her machine account and can log in to accounts.microsoft.com with her email and password.The sign on screen does not show any other option, such as "Forgot PIN" or "Sign on another way". How is a user...
  4. Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Windows 10 lost PIN, challenge phrase A1B2C3, no other sign on options available: The user does not know the PIN. She has a Microsoft account associated with her machine account and can log in to accounts.microsoft.com with her email and password.The sign on screen does not show any other option, such as "Forgot PIN" or "Sign on another way". How is a user...
  5. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3: At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can...
  6. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3: At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can...
  7. No sign in options available when presented with challenge phrase prompt.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in options available when presented with challenge phrase prompt.: My daughter tried to sign in to my son's PC . After entering the pin incorrectly many times I am presented with the challenge phrase which no one knows what that would be. The are no alternate sign in options and shift + restart the PC wont allow me to reset the PC. What...
  8. No sign in options available when presented with challenge phrase prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in options available when presented with challenge phrase prompt.: My daughter tried to sign in to my son's PC . After entering the pin incorrectly many times I am presented with the challenge phrase which no one knows what that would be. The are no alternate sign in options and shift + restart the PC wont allow me to reset the PC. What...
  9. A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A1B2C3 challenge phrase.: I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you...
  10. A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

A1B2C3 challenge phrase.: I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you...