Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So last night I was trying to focus on my own work and I kept getting a popup saying something along the lines of "Sign in now so you don't miss out!"... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bobbybenny12, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name

So last night I was trying to focus on my own work and I kept getting a popup saying something along the lines of "Sign in now so you don't miss out!" (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ut-keeps/32e5e632-8267-4180-ba2e-c1c877bb193d) It kept popping up so I found a solution on Reddit that told me to rename the Microsoft Family Features folder. So I did and forgot to undo the change before restarting my computer.

So I restarted my computer and got stuck on the "Times Up!" screen after logging in, that's the furthest I can get. I know I can fix this by renaming the Family Features folder back to the original name which was something like "Microsoft Family Features - (String of characters and numbers here". I have tried restarting the computer again and I do not have backup snapshots of the computer to revert back to. My abilities are very limited as I am stuck to the login screen and the "Times Up!" Screen. I have had my parents remove me from the Microsoft Family group, I still got a message saying "Something went wrong" when trying to send a screentime request. So I was added back to the group. Nothing happens. Nothing from outside affects the "Times Up!" and "Something went wrong" screens after I renamed the Family features folder. How can I rename the Microsoft Family Features folder back to its original name? Reinstalling Windows is the only other option I have and that doesn't seem like a very viable option since I would be losing years of work and many important documents.

:)

Bobbybenny12, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2019
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name

Change folder name in This PC

Hi, I just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 and I'm customizing some default folder to match my settings in my windows 7. I got a little problem and it's really annoying me. Here is the screenshot of my This PC

Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name [​IMG]

as you can see, I change the windows default folder for downloads to drive F:\. How can I make it to show the drive name instead of drive letter? I used the same steps I do in windows 7 and it was working, but in windows 10, it change the download folder to drive letter. Does anyone knows how to edit this? Thanks

markblank05, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name

1. Locked out of Windows 10 PC after changing family features folder name - Similar Threads - Locked changing family

2. Locked out of PC after alias change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of PC after alias change: I factory reset my PC, finished set up and downloaded a few apps. During set-up, I was warned this would be the final time I would be able to bypass verifying my account via email. I no longer have access to the original email email y, so when I saw that message I changed my...
  3. Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of PC after Windows 10 Update: I installed a Windows 10 update last night and now Windows will not boot up. I have tried accessing system restore by powering down during boot to take it back to before the update but I have it asks me for my account password which I had forgotten. I reset my account...
  4. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password: Hi, My son has a username under the family accounts. Somehow I forgot the password of his account and he is unable to login. I went to my profile at live.outlook.com but under family preferences there is NO option to change his password. When I try to login to the email...
  5. Family settings locked out

Family settings locked out: My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong and then they are locked out and I'm not sure what to do...
  6. Locked out of folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of folder: I locked a folder (sensitive material) on an external hard drive using a computer that I since reformatted. Currently using a new desktop and am now unable to access it. The message: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." "Click Continue to permanently...
  7. Folder names changed after folder move

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder names changed after folder move: I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file folder is there. I...
  8. Change folder name in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change folder name in This PC: Hi, I just upgrade windows 10 from windows 7 and I'm customizing some default folder to match my settings in my windows 7. I got a little problem and it's really annoying me. Here is the screenshot of my This PC [img] as you can see, I change the windows default...
  9. changed computer name now locked out of admin

changed computer name now locked out of admin: I changed the PC name and now I have no admin access so I am locked out of making any changes. how can I change it back? or am I hooped... *Sad 40828
  10. Changes to Family features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Family features in Windows 10: We update this page regularly to keep you informed about new things you can use now and what's coming up next. Update One Microsoft family for Windows PC , Windows Phone and Xbox Manage your family in one place at account.microsoft.com/family. See the settings for...