Windows 10: Locked out of Windows 10

Discus and support Locked out of Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 on Dell XPS 15 9560 Built Oct 2017, purchased Jan 2018 I had trouble uninstalling a program so I restarted in Safe Mode to attempt but am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Claire2016, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Locked out of Windows 10

Windows 10 on Dell XPS 15 9560 Built Oct 2017, purchased Jan 2018

I had trouble uninstalling a program so I restarted in Safe Mode to attempt but am now locked out of Windows. It says my password is incorrect. I then changed it on my phone through my MS account but that didn’t work either. I connected directly to ethernet to sync, no dice. Just a red x on internet icon too. I used media creation tool for bootable USB, nothing worked. I get blocked with a password box if I go through all the other routes like Command Prompt, System Restore, or System Image Recovery. Spent 6 hours with Microsoft tech support and nothing they tried worked, multiple agents saying, “that’s weird.” One agent believes it’s a BIOS issue. The agent also created the boot USB on my son’s laptop and walked me through a custom installation on mine. Once the installation starts it keeps giving the error: “Windows setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine windows 10.” Dell won’t even acknowledge my existence unless I give them $700 for premium support. Considering I already gave them hundreds for previous support and they didn’t help, I won’t give them more. Literally all I did was reboot in safe mode, this seems ridiculous. I have most backed up but I really want to grab files in Downloads and Documents I forgot to back up before I try a complete wipe. Thank you loads for reading and any advice you can provide!

:)

Claire2016, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10

Delta6326, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Windows 10

1. Locked out of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Locked

2. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  3. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  5. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  6. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  8. Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?

Weather widget Lock Screen confusion?: Hi everyone, I have three devices with Windows 11 and the latest updates installed. I am a bit confused about the weather widget on the Lock Screen as it looks different on one of my devices. Up until I reset a device, the Lock Screen weather widget looked like this on all...
  9. Lock a Stolen Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock a Stolen Device: My laptop was stolen and I am unable to lock the device remotely. If I try the "Find my Device" it shows the battery is 0% and I get the following message : We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days.. Then when I try the "Lock" function I get...
  10. Lock a Stolen Device

Lock a Stolen Device: My laptop was stolen and I am unable to lock the device remotely. If I try the "Find my Device" it shows the battery is 0% and I get the following message : We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days.. Then when I try the "Lock" function I get...