Windows 10: Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

Discus and support Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello - I installed a new CPU & bios update and when windows loads i get the message 'your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Iain O'Byrne, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

Hello - I installed a new CPU & bios update and when windows loads i get the message 'your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on the device, Click to set up your PIN again'. The next screen wants me to enter a security code and the only option to receive the code is to have a text sent to a phone number that I cannot access. The only other option available to me was to change my phone number which i actioned and now i am trapped as the phone number will not update for 30 days. Now this is the best part:- when I try to cancel this update to the phone number,

:)

Iain O'Byrne, Feb 4, 2023

2. Inability to receive verification codes has locked me out of my computer

I need to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I went to log in to my Microsoft account to retrieve it but was required to enter a verification code. I did not receive the verification code, so I followed all of these instructions: Microsoft account security info & verification codes. Nothing helped, so I used an alternate account to reset my security info. This locked my account for 30 days and the only way to cancel the request is to enter a verification code! Prior to that I was unable to update ANYTHING on my account without a verification code. At this point, I am essentially locked out of my computer and there is nobody to talk with that can unblock the situation.

SylvieWinje, Feb 4, 2023
  3. JC03 Win User
    Did not receive the Microsoft Account Verification Code

Hi, SHARON.

I'm Jen, I'm also an Outlook account user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

I understand you're not receiving a verification code for your Microsoft account. If your security info's are up to date, you may be experiencing delays receiving the code which I have also experienced before. But if you have already waited too long and have made a couple of attempts, I suggest following the suggested steps in the "Troubleshooting verification code issues" section on the support page below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards.

JC03, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

Tenforo, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

1. Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to... - Similar Threads - Locked account cannot

2. System security code locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System security code locked out: I bought a used computer and it was factory reset. When I booted it up it was fine. The next time I booted it up it has a password for the BIOS. I can not reset anything because when I go into my security settings it is not highlighted. It says password set. I have spoken to...
  3. System security code locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System security code locked out: I bought a used computer and it was factory reset. When I booted it up it was fine. The next time I booted it up it has a password for the BIOS. I can not reset anything because when I go into my security settings it is not highlighted. It says password set. I have spoken to...
  4. System security code locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...: Hello - I installed a new CPU & bios update and when windows loads i get the message 'your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on the device, Click to set up your PIN again'. The next screen wants me to enter a security code and the only option...
  6. Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...

Locked out of windows account - cannot receive security code/need to cancel request to...: Hello - I installed a new CPU & bios update and when windows loads i get the message 'your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on the device, Click to set up your PIN again'. The next screen wants me to enter a security code and the only option...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft account, can't cancel subscription

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Microsoft account, can't cancel subscription: My Main account got hacked, and my information changed, but I submitted a recovery form and was confirmed as the owner and got a link, I changed all my information but forgot to change the recovery email, back to my own. My account was suspended because of "suspicious...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft account, can't cancel subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft account, can't cancel subscription: My Main account got hacked, and my information changed, but I submitted a recovery form and was confirmed as the owner and got a link, I changed all my information but forgot to change the recovery email, back to my own. My account was suspended because of "suspicious...
  9. Locked out of Microsoft account, can't cancel subscription

10. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...: While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I have signed in on this computer hundreds of times before. The only email that was associated with my account will not...