Windows 10: Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options

Discus and support Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally locked myself from my laptop from find my device option on microsoft.com and also changed the microsoft password after. When i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eames24, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Eames24 Win User

Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options

Hello,

I accidentally locked myself from my laptop from find my device option on microsoft.com and also changed the microsoft password after. When i try to unlock it gives me only a finger print and pin login options which is referencing the old password when i try to unlock it. I know this becauae i just reset my computer by keeping all the files and the new password is not working and only the old one worked.

Is there anyway of unlocking this windows?

Super important that i keep all the files in this computer.

Thanks

:)

Eames24, Nov 22, 2020

2. Finger print sign-in option is not appearing when I login to my windows 10 dell laptop

I have tried all this. And the problem is not about setting up my finger print. Instead, The problem is about sign-in options available to me when my screen is locked. It shows only password option, and no finger print option is available. Also the PIN option
    is not available.

So while I can set up PIN and finger print, I cannot see these options on locked screen to login. This is the real problem. I hope you understand it.

hiteshsinghal1, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

I've done that. I've removed them and reloaded them several times. The finger print scanner is working and Windows 10 appears to be allowing me to register finger prints. However, the Hello Windows sign in screen will not respond when I try to use
    the finger print scanner. The password and PIN sign in options are available, but finger prints are not available on the Hello Windows screen.

GarnettCraig, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options

Sign-in options PIN and Finger Print

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to setup a PIN on my laptop but it keeps telling me "Something went wrong. Try again later." and i have tried restarting or shutting down my laptop and still faced with the same result.

As for Finger Print sign in, i used to sign in with just a swipe then it just wouldn't. Then i uninstalled and re-installed hp simple pass and the same problem keeps coming back.

ZiyadKutbi, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options

1. Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options - Similar Threads - Locked finger print

2. Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN Locked/No Sign In Options: My computer died last night and after plugging it in and booting it up, I have not been able to sign in. The only sign in option showing is PIN, which is “disabled due to failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”, and no button is showing to access other sign in options...
  3. Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in, the only option is Pin.: I am unable to log into my laptop, due to it requiring a PIN which I have forgotten, It doesn't let me use my finger print, nor do I know where I can find or change the pin. It doesn't let me change accounts or open settings at all....
  4. Finger print sign in

Finger print sign in: I am really confused by this finger print system on MIcrosoft. I bought a new hp laptop and it came with this option to sign on however I have had to change my finger print a few rimes as it locks me out claiming it does not recogonize my prints. Can someone explain to me...
  5. finger print and pin not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    finger print and pin not working: I have a brand new HP Envy and the pin was set up as well as finger print. Now neither work. The only way to sign in is with my Microsoft password. Please help....
  6. Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in: Today I was going to use my laptop but the lock screen is stuck, so I used fingerprint but i need a PIN to sign in. What do I do and how do I add a new PIN?? I'm stuck on lock screen now and can't log in. I thought my keyboard was the problem but turns out my lock screen was...
  7. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin: Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add. [ATTACH]...
  8. Finger print option not recognised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger print option not recognised: [ATTACH] My laptop has fingerprint bulit in but the windows doesn t recognize it and i don t know why. Can anyone help me? Do this thing happend to other people or it s just me? Thanks for your answer. [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot sign in with finger print

Cannot sign in with finger print: My computer shows that Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. And also i cannot sign in using finger print. How should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-with-finger-print/d0b4c6c9-8bcf-4815-a62f-02d69dd2396f
  10. Finger print sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger print sign in: Once I set up finger print sign in does it become the default sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sign-in/b6ee96f8-ef05-4d14-95cc-bcb71d7c41bd"