Windows 10: Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

Discus and support Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello All, A few days ago I tried to log into my HP laptop, I usually do this with face recognition, but this time it did not work. I tried my PIN, it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SylvieHall, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

Hello All,

A few days ago I tried to log into my HP laptop, I usually do this with face recognition, but this time it did not work. I tried my PIN, it said "incorrect", I then tried my password which it also said was incorrect. I then tried my 3 questions to reset/recover my password, it told me my answers were WRONG! I accessed my Microsoft account via my cell phone and changed my microsoft password.. rebooted my laptop, entered the new password and it STILL said it was incorrect. I've done this over a period of 3 days I AM able to access my account via Microsoft Hello on my other laptop, using the new password I created!!

Help!!! Please!?!

:)

SylvieHall, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Ramon CQ Win User

face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until
    that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\
    Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in
    the future.

Thank you, RC

Ramon CQ, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Face Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the facial recognition is accepting your two year old daughter’s face to unlock the Surface. Ideally this should not happen.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to reconfigure/recalibrate Windows Hello with Facial recognition.

1. Login to surface on your account.
    2. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    3. Click on Accounts and then
      Sign in options.
    4. In that see Section
      Face Recognition and then select Remove.
    5. Restart the PC and login with PIN or Password.
    6. Then Press
      Windows + I key to open Settings.
    7. Click on Accounts and then
      Sign in options.
    8. In that see Section
      Face Recognition and then select Set up.

Note: Make sure when you are setting up the facial recognition, your daughter or any other person should not be in front of the PC.

As an additional information, you can refer this doc article:
    Windows Hello face authentication

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

Facial recognition and pin not working for login

I have NO idea where to put this one, and I can't find anything online.

Dell Precision 7740. 5 months old. Dell has replaced the motherboard twice, second time MB and memory. It's working today, but the facial recognition and pin don't work. They haven't worked since the first MB replacement.

The technician that replaced the MB told me it wouldn't work 'til it was re-set up.

Login using password. Go to Accounts>Sign in options. It SAYS my pin is there. I have removed it and recreated it.
    Open Windows Hello face and hit set up. Opens and says "Get Started". Hit that. It pops up and requires my PIN. I enter it, it flashes and disappears...

At LOGIN, in the sign-in options is the Pin. When I select the Pin I get:
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options...

I've BEEN in the *&^%$#@ sign-in options over and over. It SAID my pin was set. I changed it. I rebooted. I still can't log in with the pin. I tried again to set the facial recognition. It has me enter the pin then closes.

What does changing the motherboard have to do with using a pin or facial recognition in the first place? And WHAT do I have to do to get this thing to accept the pin and use the Windows hello face?

GracieAllen, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

1. Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition - Similar Threads - Locked login PIN

2. Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out: I am unable to login to my computer. My camera won't boot and I can't use my face recognition and my pin number isn't being recognised. There are no other options and no options to change pin. I have tried activating an administrator user but that didn't change anything - no...
  3. Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out: I am unable to login to my computer. My camera won't boot and I can't use my face recognition and my pin number isn't being recognised. There are no other options and no options to change pin. I have tried activating an administrator user but that didn't change anything - no...
  4. Pin and face recognition both failed on Windows 10 login: locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login problems windows 11 with PIN/Face recognition/fingerprint code 0x80090027: My laptop changed from windows 10 to windows 11 overnight. Suddenly I have problems with logging in to my computer. My face recognition works but my computer switches to PIN. PIN and fingerprint don't work. The only way to login is password.I also get an error code:...
  6. Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Password Login, when locked out by incorrect PIN.: I'm at a loss on how to workaround this problem without resorting to a nuclear option eg reset/refresh Customer has brought in a Desktop PC with a forgotten/unknown pin number. But they know their PASSWORD and it works fine in the recovery environment. SO my question is...
  7. windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock

windows hello face recognition and locking /dynamic lock: there are 2 questions 1 after logging in when leaving the workstation I press windows+L to lock the workstation it then starts the camera. I walk away but when I come back it wants a pin or password when I dismiss the lock screen the camera does not turn on. how do I get it...
  8. face recognition login no longer works

face recognition login no longer works: After the latest updates to my Dell Inspiron 15 the face recognition login no longer works. The red dots no longer flash at the login screen. It also stopped working a couple of updates ago, then worked again, then stopped working at the most recent update at the end of...
  9. PIN and Face recognition not working

PIN and Face recognition not working: So the other day my computer prompted me to restart and update the computer, so it restarted and did a regular windows update. Once the update was completed everything was working ok until another update was prompted about 20 minutes later, and this one did not seem like a...
  10. face recognition and PIN login problem

face recognition and PIN login problem: I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until that locked as a...