Windows 10: Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery

Discus and support Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Today my Windows surface bitlocker popped up. I did not prompt it, I have never seen it. I tried to reset/move past it/boot into window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeBonola, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery

Hello,

Today my Windows surface bitlocker popped up. I did not prompt it, I have never seen it. I tried to reset/move past it/boot into window 10 several times, but none of that worked. Eventually I looked up the 48 digit key and I have input it several times on both restore the compute with settings/ restore factory settings/even tried to reset using command prompts. Nothing I do seems to be working. Is there any work around/factory reset I can do to the laptop? At this point, I don't care about the data I have backups, I just want to use my computer

:)

JakeBonola, Jul 23, 2020

2. BitLocker Recovery / lock out reason

We manage BitLocker using McAfee MNE through McAfee ePO. There are systems which go onto recovery mode due to various reasons. We found a Microsoft article (Tip of the Day: What Could Cause Bitlocker to Start in Recovery Mode?)
    which in general talks about all the possible reasons for recovery /lock out.

However how can we find the exact reason for the Bitlocker recovery screen /lock out on a particular machine (probably through PowerShell commands /Event logs). Mainly trying to figure out a way to identify the reason from local machine itself after the
    unlocked /recovered.

Ajeesh.John, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    BitLocker im locked out by

Hi,

Kindly refer to this
    article
    to know how you can find your BitLocker recovery key. The article provides multiple steps on how you can find the recovery. We suggest you follow all of the steps so that you can get your recovery key.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery

recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery

1. Locked out of Windows through BitLocker Recovery - Similar Threads - Locked through BitLocker

2. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  3. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  4. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  6. Locked out by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out by BitLocker: I have no BitLocker recovery key, and my locked device is not registered with my Microsoft account.The laptop gave me a message "There is an issue with Trusted Platform Module TPM data," and I was forced to press "Y" to "reset whole TPM."Now, I cannot log into the laptop,...
  7. Unexpectedly locked out of laptop / no BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexpectedly locked out of laptop / no BitLocker recovery key: I have been using my laptop for 18 months, and suddenly this morning I was unable to log in. Instead I have a message asking for my BitLocker recovery key "because your laptop's configuration has changed. This may have happened because a disk or USB has been inserted"I have...
  8. Locked out by bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by bitlocker: I am locked out of windows 10 by bitlocker. It needs the 44 number key to unlock my PC. I went to my MS account and did not find it. I do not have it saved any place else that I know of. I do not have any other recovery methods. Is there some other way I can find this unlock...
  9. Bitlocker lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker lock out: Would be great if someone could get back to me, as locked out for 30 days! Cheers - Bitlocker has locked my laptop after updated - I have tried to get into my microsoft account but says it will send a code to me but never does, how do I get to talk to someone at Microsoft to...
  10. Locked Out by Unauthorized Bitlocker Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked Out by Unauthorized Bitlocker Recovery: I recently sent in my 2018 Dell Inspiron laptop w/ Windows 10 to have its motherboard replaced by Dell with OEM parts, so I paid a little extra. I did this because I was not able to power it on due to a probable short. And because I was not able to power the laptop on before...