Windows 10: Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password

Discus and support Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Currently unable to log into my Computer. Was set up with a microsoft account password. Password failed and microsoft account is now locked. Attempted... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ShawnM8, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ShawnM8 Win User

Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password

Currently unable to log into my Computer. Was set up with a microsoft account password. Password failed and microsoft account is now locked. Attempted to recover access to password however all avenues have failed. Already reached out to outlook support and they were unable to help further.

How can we remove the password prompt so we can regain access to the computer? It is NOT possible to reset password, so we need an alternative option. I understand this started as a microsoft password issue, but it has now locked us out of our computer completely.

thank you.

:)

ShawnM8, Mar 24, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 24, 2021
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password

1. Locked out of windows via unrecoverable Microsoft account password - Similar Threads - Locked via unrecoverable

2. Locked out of Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Microsoft account?: Performed a Windows update and when it finished rebooting, a message showed stating that PIN security had been updated and to use the password that nobody remembers. Then tried the Send Me A Code but the email account never receives it, and here's the twist.The email address...
  3. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: I'm wondering what criminality MS think I'm up to! My office pc was O.K. this morning. My domestic one came up with this rebuff this afternoon.THAT wasn't the worst of it. After going through the Recovery procedures I managed to get a code onto my landline, but it was...
  4. Microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  5. Microsoft account locked out

Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  6. Locked out of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  8. microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account locked out: My aged father has been hijacked as he has been negligent with his passwords specifically that of his Microsoft account. His PC was playing up recently so we upgraded to Windows 10 was running 8.1 and on restart the Microsoft banner came up and we couldn't log in with his...
  9. Locked out of admin account with no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of admin account with no password: I was an idiot and made my extra account with no password the admin account, so now I can do barely anything. My pc locked me out of the account due to having "the wrong password" but I never even set one. I can't do the startup menu hack since my pc has a broken screen and...
  10. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5