Windows 10: Locked out of Windows

Discus and support Locked out of Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My Daughter can't get into her laptop as she doesn't remember the pin or password. She also thinks that the e-mail address linked to her account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Charliemartin64, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Locked out of Windows

Hi,

My Daughter can't get into her laptop as she doesn't remember the pin or password. She also thinks that the e-mail address linked to her account is wrong in that it is a .co.uk address when she is sure her address is a .com one.

We have tried resetting the laptop, but it always comes back to the same login which is no help. When I tried to recover it through Microsoft the reply we got was that the information supplied was not sufficient for you to validate her account ownership. I can only assume it is because of the 2 previous passwords we supplied which were basically guesses since she can't recall any for sure. However all the other information supplied would be accurate. How on earth can we reactivate/recover her account?

Regards,

Martin Wood

:)

Charliemartin64, Mar 20, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 20, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Locked out of Windows

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Windows

1. Locked out of Windows - Similar Threads - Locked

2. How do I change the background on the lock screen for my acer laptop I have windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the background on the lock screen for my acer laptop I have windows 10: I have been trying to figure out how to change my lock screen background for a while but I cannot figure it out, and tip and/or ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-background-on-the-lock-screen/f02c1ff9-b872-4d22-8058-089708d0d27f
  3. Unlock device after remotely locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlock device after remotely locked: Hi There, I am wondering what is the step to do to unlock a Surface Book device that I have locked it remotely? Is the other user can still sign in after I lock it remotely? I have it with my staff right now, but I need to lock it since his contract is over before he could...
  4. How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall: How can I view locked threads? I have no sound after a Windows 10 reinstall. I've followed one by a KaiMarie on 10 Oct 19 as they were having the same problems I have, and have tried all the things she has, but I can only read so far and cannot access potential solutions....
  5. Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello doesn't dismiss my lock screen, even though I've enabled that: Even if my computer recognizes me, it still makes me enter a PIN anyway. If I click "Sign in options" and select Windows Hello, it looks for me, sees I'm there, smiles, and then doesn't do anything. My computer is a cheeky bastard apparently submitted by /u/Brancliff...
  6. Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?

Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?: After my last update, first my nightlight stopped working. Then I'm not sure if the background and lock screen stopped at the same time or soon after. One day I noticed that my background was just black. Now the whole thing happens to be running slow as all get out! Any...
  7. Why does my lock screen look like this? I can’t even get to the login page unless I click...

Why does my lock screen look like this? I can’t even get to the login page unless I click...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/barnacle-man [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvfhfc/why_does_my_lock_screen_look_like_this_i_cant/
  8. Windows 10 file explorer keeps locking up with fairly high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer keeps locking up with fairly high CPU usage: Windows 10 file explorer keeps locking up with fairly high CPU usage, I've tried disabling all the extensions in a binary fashion and it doesn't appear to be an extension causing the problem. I've sun sfc and dust until no more errors get reported I've updated to the latest...
  9. remotely lock device

remotely lock device: i want to log out all current users and remotely lock device without having find my device turned on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-lock-device/4c4b69b9-32f1-401d-a547-7e61d870373d
  10. Microsoft edge pop up warning to call microsoft " computer had been locked up"

Microsoft edge pop up warning to call microsoft " computer had been locked up": Microsoft edge pop up warning saying calling a number. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. PLEASE CALL TO DISCUSS. John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-edge-pop-up-warning-to-call-microsoft/4d6cc267-0ad7-47df-810a-11db4dea44ff