Windows 10: Locked out Windows 10

Discus and support Locked out Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just used my computer earlier this week and it worked fine. I went to login to unlock the security screen and it said the password was not good for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hollyedwards2, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Locked out Windows 10

I just used my computer earlier this week and it worked fine. I went to login to unlock the security screen and it said the password was not good for my windows 10 and lock screen. I changed the password through my MSN account actually on both of my MSN accounts just to be sure. It will not take the new password. And it is giving me a message saying I have to put in a USB drive device which I have never used ever on my laptop. Please help! Thanks!

:)

hollyedwards2, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Locked out Windows 10

Delta6326, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Locked out Windows 10

1. Locked out Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Locked

2. Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key: Before I throw my computer out the window can someone please tell me how I turn off keyboard sounds, in particular for the Caps Lock key. I have followed instructions here and here but they don't match up with my version of W10. I've included a screenshot of the screen I do...
  3. Locked out of laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop: Recently had laptop repaired has an outlook password which i cant remember went on to microsoft site with a verification code on my ipad to change password but my laptop still will not accept new password so am still locked out * Moved from msn...
  4. Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.: I have Windows 10 Pro on a laptop running in the power-on configuration. See below for details on system & settings. I have it set to sleep and turn off the screen, and lock on screen saver, but the machine remains unlocked and often won't even sleep when left unattended....
  5. Lock/anchor dictation focus to WordPad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock/anchor dictation focus to WordPad?: I want to take notes in WordPad while browsing. i.e. I want to lock/anchor dictation's focus to wordpad so that while I browse/click on webpages (changing focus to the browser), I can dictate and have the text entered into WordPad. Thoughts/suggestions? Thx...
  6. Locked out of PC unable to login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of PC unable to login: I loaded a new Office Home and Student in my computer. I was able to run a power point and then closed . When I tried to reopen my computer, I was locked out. I created a pin # that was accepted. I created a new PW using my IPad, for my computer. It was accepted by Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 getting automatically locked 2 to 3 times and then shut down completely: Guys, I am facing an issue with windows 10 OS 1903 version like I am experiencing this after update. My system gets locked automatically while I am working or moved away for few seconds and this continues even after I have turned off every setting related to lock screen....
  8. lock screen

lock screen: I just noticed this; my lock screen is set to spot light and for some odd reason it keeps reverting back to "picture" mode. As soon as I change it and move to themes or any of the other choices and go back to lock screen it's right back at "picture" mode. It's not a big...
  9. Print Shortcuts Locked

Print Shortcuts Locked: So I go to print the hanging file tab which information clearly shows on the page. Then when I send it to print the print page shows nothing. All my printing shortcuts show they are locked. What did I do to cause this? Always worked in the past. New 'glitch'....
  10. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.: My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?...