Windows 10: locked out

Discus and support locked out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently tried to perform a clean install and I changed some windows settings I should not have now my startup screen is blurry and it is all linked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BluePegasus, Dec 27, 2019.

1. locked out

I recently tried to perform a clean install and I changed some windows settings I should not have now my startup screen is blurry and it is all linked to my administrative account, I can only get into the safe mode with my standard account and I do not know my administrative account password to reset my pc or change the settings or get back into performing a clean install I cannot change anything without it and I cannot log into any accounts except in safe mode! Help me.

:)

BluePegasus, Dec 27, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 27, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

locked out

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

locked out

1. locked out - Similar Threads - locked

2. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  3. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  4. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. caps lock off - screen display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caps lock off - screen display: Hello. I have been using my PC for at least 1 year now, but suddenly every time I press caps lock, there is a display on my screen that shows it too. It's been getting annoying, is there any way I can fix it?I have watched numerous videos on this, and they all require me to...
  6. caps lock off - screen display

caps lock off - screen display: Hello. I have been using my PC for at least 1 year now, but suddenly every time I press caps lock, there is a display on my screen that shows it too. It's been getting annoying, is there any way I can fix it?I have watched numerous videos on this, and they all require me to...
  7. Annoying caps lock messgae

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying caps lock messgae: Hi there, I got an HP envy laptop and when I was typing and used a caps lock it displayed an on caps lock notification. I tried every solution to remove it, but no success, so I need help...
  8. Annoying caps lock messgae

Annoying caps lock messgae: Hi there, I got an HP envy laptop and when I was typing and used a caps lock it displayed an on caps lock notification. I tried every solution to remove it, but no success, so I need help...
  9. How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11: I dont know what i did, but now whenever i press Caps lock it displays this image / notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-caps-lock-on-off-on-my-screen-in/1950abaa-5f58-4440-a7f8-1099871e13e1
  10. How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11

How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11: I dont know what i did, but now whenever i press Caps lock it displays this image / notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-caps-lock-on-off-on-my-screen-in/1950abaa-5f58-4440-a7f8-1099871e13e1