Windows 10: Locked Out!

Discus and support Locked Out! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello,Last week, when we were moving my laptop bag, was misplaced. I locked my laptop remotely from my phone, and then we found the bag shoved in a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VirginiaNymeyer, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Locked Out!

Hello,Last week, when we were moving my laptop bag, was misplaced. I locked my laptop remotely from my phone, and then we found the bag shoved in a random box hours later!!My laptop is still locked as I've been unable to use the fingerprint scan feature, and it will only accept my PIN. I don't remember setting up a PIN just the fingerprint sign-in option.PLEASE HELP!I'd love to be able to use my device again.Not sure why it's been such a difficult process, if I can lock it from my phone, why isn't it as easy to unlock it?~Virginia

:)

VirginiaNymeyer, Jun 10, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Locked Out!

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Locked Out!

1. Locked Out! - Similar Threads - Locked

2. Locked Out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Out.: Both my fingerprint scanner and I’d reader are failing so I have no way to logon. My Id reader responds by asking me to reset the Id which I can’t do because I can’t logon. Is there a solution other than a total reset?...
  3. Windows 11 SE is a stripped-down, tightly-locked version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 SE is a stripped-down, tightly-locked version of Windows 11: Microsoft appears to be working on a successor to Windows 10 in S Mode, called “Windows 11 SE”. Ahead of Microsoft’s June 24 event, an early build of Windows 11 recently appeared online and it has been confirmed by several reputable sources that it is indeed a legitimate...
  4. How to remove a Lock/Padlock from an Image?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove a Lock/Padlock from an Image?: Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing fine in this Pandemic! I want a little help. As per the title, I am facing a problem in Copying and Pasting 2 Image Files. They seem to have a "Lock/Padlock " sign as given in the screenshot below. I could not see, edit, cut, copy or paste...
  5. "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows": Did update on Surface pro and now can't get past "Dismiss the lock screen to sign back into Windows". Can't get back into my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dismiss-the-lock-screen-to-sign-back-into-windows/ebceed6c-9d22-4a71-830e-5c696f65b560
  6. Lock screen image stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen image stuck: hello, I have one PC stuck with the mountains lock screen image and another one with a nicer but still stuck image with the "thanks for sending us feedback" caption, usually there's do you like yes or not. Is it a problem on MS end this time? I tried the reset steps so many...
  7. caps lock num lock indicators disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    caps lock num lock indicators disappear: Hi,My laptop’s native cap locks num lock indicators won’t show any more.I tried almost all sorts of fixes that I’ve found online, yet of no avail.When I reset Windows 10, they come back but stop functioning right after some of the updates are done.Any ideas ?...
  8. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  9. How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete files and folders that are locked from being deleted!: I ran into the issue of having a folder locked on me. I couldn't delete it at all. So I looked it up and found a few articles and such.Here is an example of what I ran...
  10. How To Save Daily Windows 10 Spotlight/Lock Screen Images - Daily Photo Saver

How To Save Daily Windows 10 Spotlight/Lock Screen Images - Daily Photo Saver: I was curious if there was a way to save the daily Microsoft Windows Spotlight/lock screen images to use as a wallpaper.I saw this very helpful post, but wanted to take it a step further.I created a powershell script which copies the daily lock screen images into a desired...