Windows 10: Locked password

Discus and support Locked password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Cannot unlock password on windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-password/d06fc2c6-f010-4b04-95e7-42ba59e14ff9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by derekwootton, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Locked password

Cannot unlock password on windows10

:)

derekwootton, Sep 24, 2019

2. change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Password

Hi Eashwar,

About your concern on enabling password protected lock screen, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Click Accounts.
    • On the right panel select Sign-in options > Under Password you'll see the option to add password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Locked password

Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Locked password

1. Locked password - Similar Threads - Locked password

2. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...: I can’t sign into my pc where it says password it’s not working and it says it’s locked so I can’t get in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-on-my-pc-the-password-isnt-working/b1089e92-b141-44c4-9bda-4d7de04437e1
  3. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...: I can’t sign into my pc where it says password it’s not working and it says it’s locked so I can’t get in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-on-my-pc-the-password-isnt-working/b1089e92-b141-44c4-9bda-4d7de04437e1
  4. I can’t sign in on my pc the password isn’t working and it says it’s been locked so idk how...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  6. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  7. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  8. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  9. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

10. Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password

Getting locked out of Windows with faulty password: I was able to solve this myself and posting here to hopefully help anyone else out because I didn't see this suggestion when I was searching.Windows 11 had decided it was demanding a PIN usually I use a fingerprint and was claiming my password was incorrect which it wasn't as...