Windows 10: Locked PC with three types of signin

Discus and support Locked PC with three types of signin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My computer is currently locked because I could not unlock it with my fingerprint. The reader did not read it correctly and I need my pin.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by dantesinverno, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Locked PC with three types of signin

Hello,

My computer is currently locked because I could not unlock it with my fingerprint. The reader did not read it correctly and I need my pin. However, the bad part is I forgot my pin and my personal Outlook email password.

I have had this issue for 4 days and no one has helped me fix the issue. I am a college student and I need this pc for school. I am may go to the Microsoft store to ask for help in person.

I tried the recovery forms and no avail.

All I need is a simple way where I can reset my password and change it so i can get back to my pc.

My pc has a lot of files and work then that i do not want to lose.

please help me.

Thanks.

Ashley

:)

dantesinverno, Jan 14, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Re-signin

Problem: read or doze for not many seconds and Windows 10 makes me re-signin. How to avoid or lengthen time? Guru Kirin suggested typing power and sleep, then selecting same. How does one do that? I get the words power and sleep, or by clicking, I get
    them on white field with blue background. But I cannot get to next step: select time. Time is not a choice I can find. Next step goes undone, and I don't achieve goal.

SteveLawrenceSF, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Locked PC with three types of signin

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Locked PC with three types of signin

1. Locked PC with three types of signin - Similar Threads - Locked three types

2. OneDrive not SignIn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not SignIn: Correlation Id: 15eb2407-0157-4448-baa4-e24380070515Timestamp: 2024-02-13T12:22:29.000ZDPTI: 68c4da555bc20b0816bb886adcf942c22be1739095264a650a39b0d07362514dError Tag: 9o4t9Error Code: -2147023836...
  3. OneDrive not SignIn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not SignIn: Correlation Id: 15eb2407-0157-4448-baa4-e24380070515Timestamp: 2024-02-13T12:22:29.000ZDPTI: 68c4da555bc20b0816bb886adcf942c22be1739095264a650a39b0d07362514dError Tag: 9o4t9Error Code: -2147023836...
  4. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  5. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  6. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. website signin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website signin: I am using a Dell Inspiron 3541 laptop with Windows 10. I have Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Just updated and Google Chrome as my browsers. On any other computer other than the Dell, I can sign onto Synchrony Bank and check my cd's, xnsfer money, etc. BUT, on...
  8. Signin failure

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signin failure: I cannot sign-in with passwords to Windows on my PC. It stopped working several days ago. I have tried some fixes without success...... my passwords are not accepted. I have reset to a different one and am now on my fifth variation. SFC found and repaired some faults but...
  9. signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signin: tried to login but wouldn't accept password, got code for for p/w but says can't use p/w I want because it's an old p/w. l've only ever used 1 p/w, so why can't l signin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signin/e4cdc405-8c86-48a2-99a8-42c3ea955bd6
  10. Issue displaying in three screens and locking the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue displaying in three screens and locking the computer: In windows 10, if you have 3 screens connected to your computer, and then you lock the computer, after unlocking it, all the apps that were in your third screen get moved, and sometimes resized weirdly, to the middle screen. This didn't happen in windows 7. My right...