Windows 10: Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel

Discus and support Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In printing preferences, we have changed the job type to Locked Print (the default is Normal Print) so that we are forced to enter a code on our Ricoh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patrice Carelli, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel

In printing preferences, we have changed the job type to Locked Print (the default is Normal Print) so that we are forced to enter a code on our Ricoh printer to retrieve our documents. Word and Outlook keep this preference saved, but Excel does not. When I go to print an Excel spreadsheet, I do not need to put my code in the printer and I see the job type is set to Normal Print. If I change it to Locked Print, it will stay for that print job, but if I close Excel and open it again, it goes back to Normal Print.

:)

Patrice Carelli, Dec 27, 2018

2. Excel printing

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Does this issue only occur with Excel file or nay other files?

Try to copy the excel file to the other drive and check if it is working?

Run Print Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer
    top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

If this doesn’t help. Try to repair the Microsoft Office Application.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How can I print a Half Sheet (5.5 x 8.5 inch) paper in Excel Office 365

Hi MarshaTravis,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps, to print a Half Sheet paper in Excel.

1. Open the Excel Spreadsheet.
    2. Go to File, click on Print.
    3. Under the Print Settings, select the option "Custom Scaling".
    4. Then select the option "Custom Scaling Options".
    5. Under Page tab, select the option "Adjust to:" Change the value to 50%.
    6. Click OK, and try to print the Excel paper.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel

Word, Excel and Adobe wont print

To further troubleshoot your printing concern, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Using the test user profile, try to print an Excel, Word and Adobe file.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Setting then hit the Enter key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the user profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.
    Please take note if you will experience the printing issue on TEST user.

We will be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel

1. Locked print setting doesn't stay in Excel - Similar Threads - Locked print setting

2. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  3. Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with a locked excel file that keeps staying locked.: I have an issue where there is an excel sheet that keeps getting locked. I've forced closed it through computer management and reboot the server and all workstations that access to that file. It's happening on multiple workstations and with different users. I've also saved a...
  4. Isn't there a way to set the quick print to print and set the font size to stay until I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Isn't there a way to set the quick print to print and set the font size to stay until I...: How do you set the font size, so it always stays the same until you change it? How do you set up the quick print for random pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-there-a-way-to-set-the-quick-print-to-print/d4eb7920-9e96-4800-88cf-29496536875f
  5. Isn't there a way to set the quick print to print and set the font size to stay until I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Isn't there a way to set the quick print to print and set the font size to stay until I...: How do you set the font size, so it always stays the same until you change it? How do you set up the quick print for random pages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isnt-there-a-way-to-set-the-quick-print-to-print/d4eb7920-9e96-4800-88cf-29496536875f
  6. taskbar not staying locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar not staying locked.: I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even sometimes triple the height it should be. I Need to unlock the taskbar, drag it down to the one icon tall size, and Lock the Taskbar...
  7. Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not staying locked even after checking "Lock the taskbar" option in settings: I was screwing around on my computer and installed Nexus Dock for some reason, but eventually got rid of it. However, now the dock isn't staying put no matter what option I try in settings. I don't understand why, since "Lock the taskbar" is checked when I right click on the...
  8. Excel Printing Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Printing Question: I downloaded a Excel chart to keep track of my blood pressure and it is only 1 page. Is there a way to get the same page to print on both sides of the paper in Excel or a way to save it as 2 pages. 151605
  9. num lock will not stay on

num lock will not stay on: num lock will not stay on, in the regstry the value is set at two? thanks re https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-will-not-stay-on/2a8683d3-9d36-4b22-94c0-3d71c97bcc0a
  10. Problem in Lock screen setting of Windows 10 - Setting doesn't stay on Windows spotlight &...

Problem in Lock screen setting of Windows 10 - Setting doesn't stay on Windows spotlight &...: Hi/ Windows spotlight on my lockscreen was working fine. But now when I change the lockscreen to "windows spotlight" it doens't stay on it ,also, button of "Get fun facts...." gets off automatically after I close the setting or lock the screen and changes automatically to...