Windows 10: Locked screen and admin tools.

Discus and support Locked screen and admin tools. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Question: Why is it that when someone is logged in and the PC is locked that the admins on the PC can't log the person out to be able to let someone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TonyB83, May 22, 2019.

1. TonyB83 Win User

Locked screen and admin tools.

Question: Why is it that when someone is logged in and the PC is locked that the admins on the PC can't log the person out to be able to let someone else use the pc?

:)

TonyB83, May 22, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 22, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Locked screen and admin tools. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 22, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked screen and admin tools. - Similar Threads - Locked screen admin

2. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  3. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  4. Locked out of admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of admin: I was in the local admin account, then I made another user account which is not admin. I then disabled the admin using the command prompt. Now I'm stuck with a non admin account .Fine. I could not used the prompt as an admin, cant access the control panel. So I use the...
  5. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  6. admin tools

in Windows 10 Support
    admin tools: I am on Insider 19613 and I would like to know where the admin tools are and also can they be pinned to the task bar. Thanks 155008
  7. Drive admin locked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive admin locked?: Hello! My data drive is admin locked on my pc so whenever i do something i need admin permissions. [ATTACH] This is a problem because games from steam can't install onto the drive! Anyone know any fixes so i can play cs:go and r6 with friends! Thanks!...
  8. Locked out of admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of admin: HELP, I locked myself out of my laptop because I turned on safe mode and restarted the pc. I can't log into my admin account since I don't remember my password. Now I am stuck in the guest account in safe mode. I tried to change password in microsoft account but my laptop...
  9. Desktop admin rights Tool (web)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop admin rights Tool (web): Is there any option or tool available to accept user requests for desktop admin rights (temp or permanent) and auto process the admin rights requests upon respective approvals ?...
  10. Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not open Admin Tools and Defender in Admin account: Hi I tried to fix error message in Settings - Windows Update where it is saying in red fonts: Your insider preview build settings need attention. Go to Windows Insider Program to fix issue. It showed up right after I visit Windows Insider Program in Settings. I have never...