Windows 10: Locked screen

Discus and support Locked screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Why does my locked screen not show chosen app? ***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/Desktop***... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JeffreyCarrick, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Locked screen

Why does my locked screen not show chosen app?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/Desktop***

:)

JeffreyCarrick, Jun 10, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Locked screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 10, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Locked screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Locked screen

1. Locked screen - Similar Threads - Locked screen

2. Locked out of account, no blue loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account, no blue loading screen: I’ve recently encountered a problem in which I can’t enter my PIN for my account on my windows 10 computer. This is a child account because I’m a child, and I know the PIN for the adult account, but it won’t let me do that either. This isn’t a new computer. It happened after...
  3. Locked out of account, no blue loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of account, no blue loading screen: I’ve recently encountered a problem in which I can’t enter my PIN for my account on my windows 10 computer. This is a child account because I’m a child, and I know the PIN for the adult account, but it won’t let me do that either. This isn’t a new computer. It happened after...
  4. Locked out of account, no blue loading screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 blank or black screen after wake up. I think problem is with lock screen or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 blank or black screen after wake up. I think problem is with lock screen or...: My laptop is hp victus 15 fb1013dx. I have a problem with my laptop. My laptop shows a black screen after sleep mode. I reset my laptop 3 times. but it was no use. I am logged into my laptop with my microsoft account. He had the same problem. Does not wake up after sleep...
  6. Windows 11 blank or black screen after wake up. I think problem is with lock screen or...

Windows 11 blank or black screen after wake up. I think problem is with lock screen or...: My laptop is hp victus 15 fb1013dx. I have a problem with my laptop. My laptop shows a black screen after sleep mode. I reset my laptop 3 times. but it was no use. I am logged into my laptop with my microsoft account. He had the same problem. Does not wake up after sleep...
  7. Windows mutes all sounds when entering lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mutes all sounds when entering lock screen: Hi,my ASUS Zenbook laptop with Windows 11 mutes all sounds music from Youtube on Chrome, video played on VLC when entering lock screen. Even though it displays what song is played on the lock screen. I press Win+L and immediately music is muted.It also happens when display is...
  8. Windows mutes all sounds when entering lock screen

Windows mutes all sounds when entering lock screen: Hi,my ASUS Zenbook laptop with Windows 11 mutes all sounds music from Youtube on Chrome, video played on VLC when entering lock screen. Even though it displays what song is played on the lock screen. I press Win+L and immediately music is muted.It also happens when display is...
  9. Windows 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Lock Screen: For many weeks my Lock Screen has kept a photo of a hummingbird. There was a brief time when it shows other scenery and I thought it was now back to c hanging the photo every once in a while. But now it is back to the hummingbird. I see no settings in personalization for an...
  10. Windows 10 Lock Screen

Windows 10 Lock Screen: For many weeks my Lock Screen has kept a photo of a hummingbird. There was a brief time when it shows other scenery and I thought it was now back to c hanging the photo every once in a while. But now it is back to the hummingbird. I see no settings in personalization for an...