Windows 10: Locked SSD

Discus and support Locked SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, i need help and good help because i have no idea what happened. i was adding a security option to a file ( i blocked system from having full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JulianRosado1, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Locked SSD

Ok, i need help and good help because i have no idea what happened. i was adding a security option to a file ( i blocked system from having full control and left everything else because it kept interfering with a program ).

when all of a sudden my wallpaper went black and the SSD name changed to "Local Disk ".

in have 2 my main and the one affected, yes i checked bios and it says both ssd ram and everything else are there.

Please help i have VERY important files in there.

:)

JulianRosado1, Nov 11, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 11, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Locked SSD

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Locked SSD

1. Locked SSD - Similar Threads - Locked SSD

2. M.2 SSD is locked in read only protection and preventing me from accessing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is locked in read only protection and preventing me from accessing Windows: Windows defender was scanning for viruses when the computer became extremely slow before crashing. I then turned my computer back on but ended up with being sent straight to the BIOS screen and have been unable to enter Windows again. I have figured out the SSD is in...
  3. M.2 SSD is locked in read only protection and preventing me from accessing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD is locked in read only protection and preventing me from accessing Windows: Windows defender was scanning for viruses when the computer became extremely slow before crashing. I then turned my computer back on but ended up with being sent straight to the BIOS screen and have been unable to enter Windows again. I have figured out the SSD is in...
  4. M.2 SSD is locked in read only protection and preventing me from accessing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  6. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  7. Harddrive got locked after installing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddrive got locked after installing SSD: Hello All, I have ran into a problem yesterday. My 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5480 laptop was slow and I had to install SSD to improve the performance. But after installing the SSD and selecting the same for booting, my old HDD got locked. Now its asking for bitlocker key, but...
  8. Harddrive got locked after installing SSD

Harddrive got locked after installing SSD: Hello All, I have ran into a problem yesterday. My 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5480 laptop was slow and I had to install SSD to improve the performance. But after installing the SSD and selecting the same for booting, my old HDD got locked. Now its asking for bitlocker key, but...
  9. Harddrive got locked after installing SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...

My ssd is locked with bitlocker, but I didn't turn it on. How to be sure it's my ssd or it...: My laptop with Windows 11 died. I took it to a repair service and they said after 6 days it's dead for good and I bought a new laptop and put an ssd from the dead body to a new laptop.Now the ssd asks for a bitlocker key.I never activated bitlocker myself. The only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked ssd