Windows 10: Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

Discus and support Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was attempting to fix another problem by rolling back to an earlier image by using system restore. After 24 hours I figured the machine was locked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DawnCrosier, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

I was attempting to fix another problem by rolling back to an earlier image by using system restore. After 24 hours I figured the machine was locked up, so I powered it off.

• I have been trying to power it back up using the Function F8 (Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop). I see the Lenovo splash screen with a circular pattern of white dots. The computer finally goes to a black screen.
    • I have attempted to connect the computer via HDMI cable to my TV per some other suggestions.

Any other suggestions?

:)

DawnCrosier, Aug 10, 2019

2. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated.

FuzzyMidget, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksLocked System Restore - now stuck on black screen :)

Hendry, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen

1. Locked System Restore - now stuck on black screen - Similar Threads - Locked System Restore

2. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  3. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  4. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  6. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  7. System Restore got stuck, forced it to shut down and now I get black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore got stuck, forced it to shut down and now I get black screen: I was having issues with Windows Update not downloading nor installing any updates, so I decided to do a system restore from a couple days ago. I let it do its job overnight, but after 12 hours it was still stuck at restoring the registry.So I followed advice from other posts...
  8. Black Screen after System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after System Restore: Hello. Yesterday I did a System Restore, but as it took almost 3 hours I forcefully shut down the system thinking it is stuck. Now ,after switching it on, the Lenovo loading page shows up after which a black screen appears. I tried checking if I can do System Restore...
  9. Black screen after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after system restore: Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo,...
  10. Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Stuck on Black Screen While in System Restore: Screen went black about 30 seconds into system restore. This was over two hours ago. Should I reboot even though it says not to turn computer off once the process begins? Any suggestions are appreciated. 103241